Thor help

Phantom1798

Edited 13 December 2022 - 10:29 pm by Phantom1798
Hello guys, i recently switched to thor from loki and while im having more fun, its a lot harder. So i wanted to ask advice about 2 things. First one is ragnarok, its amazing but im not sure how can i use it more efficently. Is there a way to gather villagers easily? So far im just manually gathering and casting it. Usually there is a group of heroes sitting somewhere doin nothing. Any tricks would help. Second thing is the army composition. So far im using raiding cavalry at classic, huskarl+frost giants at heroic and huskarl+fire giant at mythic as my base army and try to add counter units depending on enemy like rc,ta and hersir. Are there any matchups where i should focus jarls or ulfsarks ? Cuz right now im just ignoring those.

Edit: Fixed the ragnarok issue, there is idle military banner in settings i activate that and shift click to select idle military. Also figured that making ballista before clicking rag makes life alot easier. Still not sure if i ever go bragi ulfsarks or jarls. Also any tips on dealing with greek army is appreciated. They are very strong and earthquake pushes are brutal.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 15 December 2022 - 11:34 pm
Hi Phantom1798,

Well for ragnarok you generally have two options: a fast ragnarok or a boomy one. For a fast ragnarok you grab a second town center and go mythic as soon as possible. Usually you should have a 50-60 pop ragnarok at about 11-12 minutes. With the boomy version you take a second and third town center as soon as you can and focus on economy. For this version you want as many villagers as possible. How many is enough depends on your timing. If you cast ragnarok at 15 minutes, maybe 80 pop is enough, but if you do it at 20 minutes, you sure want that 120 pop ragnarok.

If you go Freyja you focus on raiding cavalry in the classical age, but if you go Forseti, you focus on Hersirs. You only make something else when you need it to counter your enemy, but don't overdo this. In the heroic age you may want to switch in some myth units like Battle Boars / Frost Giants depending on your god pick. In the Mythical Age you focus on Fire Giants and Ballistae. Jarls you usually don't bother with on Thor. It can be worth considering if your enemy spams many fast myth units like wolves. I hope this helps and good luck!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts