Where can i find AoM: Titan expansion download?

Elypsee

Posted 3 January 2023 - 7:04 pm
The title says it all! I'm looking for a reliable download link for Age of Mythology so I can play it via Voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 3 January 2023 - 8:15 pm
Do you have AOM EE on Steam?
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 PieterT

Posted 7 January 2023 - 3:36 am
Hi Chris,

I messaged you my issue of how to launch EE on voobly but I believe others will have this issue so I'm replying here as well. I downloaded the compatibility patch but the directions state

Q: How do I run the game in compatibility mode once installed?
              A: Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aomxnocd.exe

The Compatibility patch doesnt provide that .exe in my AoM folder.  Can you please advise on how to make it work so I can play EE on voobly. Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 January 2023 - 2:47 pm
The AOM binaries can be found in the Voobly folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 7 January 2023 - 5:11 pm
Hi theRatel,

The exe isn't included in the download, because Voobly places it in the folder automatically when you first enter the lobby. So basically you have to install the patch, join the Voobly lobby and then you're good to go. I hope this helps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PieterT

Posted 7 January 2023 - 10:08 pm
Thanks. The .exe file was added when I ran the game diagnostics. I set the launch to aomnocd.exe and also marked it as administrator and also Windows XP SP3 compatibility but my screen turns pink.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 8 January 2023 - 2:53 pm
Enable 32-bit color:
Link | Reply | Quote
 PieterT

Posted 9 January 2023 - 2:48 am
Hmm, I don't see that option. I have win 11. Not sure if I have directx
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 9 January 2023 - 11:03 pm
That could be right, since we don't have that game room setting for Age of Mythology. That only works for Age of Empires II. I'm sure you have DirectX, otherwise the game wouldn't even launch. I will be honest: I have never seen this specific bug in Age of Mythology, but a few things come to mind:

1) Did you purchase the game on Steam or do you have a pirated version of Age of Mythology - Extended Edition?
2) Please check if your graphics card driver is up to date. If not, please install the latest version.
3) In compatibility mode the Recorded Games is not supposed to be at the top of the menu, which means some files are conflicting with each other from the AOT and AOMEE version, probably from the data2 folder. You can also try to uninstall both the compatibility patch and AOMEE and perform a clean installation of both.

I hope this helps and good luck.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PieterT

Edited 11 January 2023 - 2:43 am by PieterT
1 - I bought EE from steam, it's the official version.

2- My nvidia is updated to current driver.

3- Hmm I did have a cracked version of AOT but I used the un-install .exe and manually deleted the rest of the old files. I wanted to just use EE. Maybe some of the older AOT files lingered in a hidden folder. I did install the compatibility patch before I deleted the cracked AoT. Maybe that's the issue and I need to re do everything.

I'm not sure if there are any hidden folders I should be aware of
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 12 January 2023 - 1:25 am
Well, in that case I would recommend doing a clean install of everything: both the compatibility patch and Extended Edition. Make sure there are no more (hidden) leftovers and install the game again. I think then there will no longer be interference between the two versions.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts