Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Custom Scenario > Scenario Design > How can I host obscure .scx scenario files, from steam workshop for ex

How can I host obscure .scx scenario files, from steam workshop for ex

KiTiTy

Posted 28 January 2023 - 11:01 am
i think i have a big folder of scenarios that would be fun to play
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 28 January 2023 - 11:05 am
Scenarios need to be copied into the "Scenario" folder of the game. There is one in the root folder of AoE and one in the data mods.

There may be some elements that are not ported correctly (like some forests, I believe) but that needs to be treated speciffically.
Link | Reply | Quote
 KiTiTy

Posted 28 March 2023 - 5:18 pm
I haven't been able to get scenarios made in HD (2013) to work in Voobly with patch 1.0c, 1.5RC, even with the v1.5 game data.

I thought it was due to the map being too complex or something but then I tried making a couple empty maps with only a couple units to test and it crashes while loading. It seems I've been unable to port anything made in the steam version to Voobly :(

I tried using trigger studio (v1.2.2.79) compatibility fix with AoHD to userpatch (as well as userpatch to 1.0C) but that didn't help either.

It seems like just opening a scenario in steam's HD version somehow breaks it for Voobly?

Is there anyway to fix this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 17 April 2023 - 3:26 pm
I’m not sure, but aokts hasn’t been updated in a good while so my guess is something has changed in the scenario data for hd that breaks the scenario’s for the original game.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts