Extended Edition

hornbaek

Edited 5 March 2023 - 8:27 pm by hornbaek
Hello tried installing the compatibiliy patch for AOM EE but im getting an error "Initialization Failed"

The patch i downloaded was from [You must login to view link] and then installed the "Age Of Mythology: The Titans Update v1.03" update from voobly

You must login into Voobly to view image

it happens on start
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 March 2023 - 8:27 pm
Uninstall and Reinstall the game on Steam and then run the compatibility patch again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hornbaek

Edited 5 March 2023 - 9:09 pm by hornbaek
Thank you tried it and changed voobly to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology" instead and now im getting a new error "Initialization Failed" updated main post with pic

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 March 2023 - 9:12 pm
You must start the game through Steam first and then run the game diagnostics from the game lobby.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hornbaek

Posted 7 March 2023 - 3:20 pm
Assuming you mean like this? or is there is a diagnostics tool in aom?

The game works fine if i open it from steam but not from within voobly or the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology" directory
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 7 March 2023 - 8:12 pm
Hi hornbaek,

"Initialization Failed" occurs when e.g. the data2.bar file is missing, but other missing or corrupt files could be the cause of this as well. Conclusion: the installation process went wrong somewhere. Please follow these steps exactly:

1) Uninstall the compatibility patch and Extended Edition.
2) Install Extended Edition.
3) Run Extended Edition from Steam.
4) Install the compatibility patch.
5) Open Voobly and follow its instructions.

I assume you obtained the game legally, so this should work. If not, let me know. ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 7 March 2023 - 9:41 pm
Hi hornbaek,

As discussed in the Voobly client, hereby the texture files. Please copy them to the following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\textures
Attachments:
Files.zip (file size: 72.93 MB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 7 March 2023 - 9:52 pm
Problem solved: after reinstall the game launched, but the textures weren't displaying on the models. textures.bar ended up being corrupt. We manually replaced it by a complete file and now the game works as it should. ;good

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts