how to disable a chat from a person in a game

Denver17

Posted 6 April 2023 - 8:35 pm
I am hearing unwanted nuisance repeatedly in the game, so how could I mute a single person?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 6 April 2023 - 9:20 pm
Hi Denver17,

You can use the Ignore option in the right-click menu. I hope this helps. ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 7 April 2023 - 5:11 am
If it's during games, even if you ignore that person, they'll still be able to text and say things to you, and you'll be able to read them.

Ignoring a player only has an effect in lobbies, in game rooms and in private chat. Once the game or a game has started, you will read and say things to each other.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 April 2023 - 5:54 am
You can certainly mute a player or all other players in game. Click on the chat button at the top right and press the icon that looks like a trumpet on the far right (next to a players name). Check screenshot attached for help.
Attachments:
MutePlayer.jpg (file size: 79.85 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 12 April 2023 - 2:45 pm
That's correct Sunny, but anyway if the other person has it on and not muted, he can keep harassing him or saying things to him (I think that's how it works, I didn't try it, but that's what I imagine)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 April 2023 - 8:51 am
+Altair_Ibn wrote:
That's correct Sunny, but anyway if the other person has it on and not muted, he can keep harassing him or saying things to him (I think that's how it works, I didn't try it, but that's what I imagine)

The right trumpet icon is to control messages from a player that you recieve. The left check box is to control players you wish to message. You may choose to send a message to one or all players however, only players that have not muted you in game, will see your message.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts