compatibility patch doesn't work for me :(

Bartledoo

Posted 9 April 2023 - 6:12 pm
I've spent the last 3 days trying to get this compatibility patch to work with extended edition on steam, but it lierally seems impossible to get it to function. I get as far as being able to patch the game to version 5 and launch it, but as soon as I go to launch I get an aomxnocd.exe unable to start error, code: 0xc0000033. I tried running the game in compatibility mode with windows xp s3 and s2 and as an admin, but it still fails to launch with the same error. So where am I going wrong? Does anyone know of a AoM:Titans download so I can just get started? I can't find one anywhere on the web, and my PC doesn't have a disk drive so I can't buy a physical copy. I have 3 other friends who are all experiencing this same problem. We just desperately want to play Titans on Voobly, so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 9 April 2023 - 6:24 pm
Hi killers185,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry to hear you were having problems getting Age of Mythology to run properly. Could you please send me a screenshot of the error you're getting? Thanks in advance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bartledoo

Edited 9 April 2023 - 7:39 pm by Bartledoo
Hey thanks for the reply! Here is a screenshot of the error im having. Thanks so much!
Attachments:
vooblyerror1.png (file size: 287.1 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Bartledoo

Posted 9 April 2023 - 8:06 pm
I feel like I'm just SOL lol :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 11 April 2023 - 10:40 am
Thanks for sending the screenshots. It seems like Age of Mythology was unable to initialize, probably due to a file missing or being corrupt. Please try to perform a clean install of both Age of Mythology Extended Edition and the compatibility patch.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts