AOM EE patch 1.10 error when installing

lVIike

Posted 22 April 2023 - 1:48 pm
Hey guys,

I just got EE on steam and I am getting this error when patching (attached).

Sayings "Unhandled exception has occurred" and that access to "EBUsetup.sem" not allowed.

Can anyone help?

Best

Michael

Attachments:
Untitled.png (file size: 79.19 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 April 2023 - 1:54 pm
Looks like your UAC is disabled. Please re-enable it and reboot your computer.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 lVIike

Posted 22 April 2023 - 2:59 pm
Thank you, that worked!

Now, I am having issues running the patched version on my computer. It initiates, then black screen and closes. I can open the EE launcher, but it doesn't load the game.

I have:

Loaded as admin
Opened in 640 res
Tried it in each of the compatabilities (XP SP2), (Windows 8) etc.
Each of the files I have also applied admin rights to (Aomx), (Aomnocx)

I dont have any error message to add but two helpful screenshots are below.

I am running Windows 10.

Best

Michael
Attachments:
Untitled11.png (file size: 125.64 KB)
Untitled12.png (file size: 231.83 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 lVIike

Posted 22 April 2023 - 3:04 pm
I installed the 1.03 patch before the compatability patch - was this an error or irreleveant?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 April 2023 - 3:13 pm
Yeah, uninstall everything again... make sure AOT is not installed... now install AOM on Steam... then apply the compatibility patch. Then run game diagnostics again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lVIike

Posted 22 April 2023 - 5:22 pm
Thank you, I have got further!

Voobly is initializing the game for the first time, but now I get the following error: (attached).

I will look for it on the forums

Attachments:
Untitled.png (file size: 391.75 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 22 April 2023 - 5:30 pm
To verify: have you been able to install AOM:EE and our compatibility patch now without receiving an error during the installation?

It seems like the patch installation is missing a file. Please download [You must login to view link] and copy it to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology

Please let me know if this fixed your problem. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 lVIike

Posted 22 April 2023 - 5:39 pm
HI both,

I installed the patch fine - after re-installing EE from steam. I have just copied the attached file into the program files to the attached error (see attached).

I think my pathing on Voobly is to the /Steam folder and not the /Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology. Is this the issue?

I am indebted to you both.

Best

Michael
Attachments:
Untitled.png (file size: 144.06 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 lVIike

Posted 22 April 2023 - 6:16 pm
My next error!
Attachments:
Untitled.png (file size: 100.62 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 April 2023 - 6:20 pm
lVIike wrote:
HI both,

I installed the patch fine - after re-installing EE from steam. I have just copied the attached file into the program files to the attached error (see attached).

I think my pathing on Voobly is to the /Steam folder and not the /Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology. Is this the issue?

I am indebted to you both.

Best

Michael

You must not have both games installed. If you have the Steam version + AOM/AOT installed on the same machine, you will experience problems since Voobly won't detect the game directory. Please run game diagnostics again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lVIike

Edited 22 April 2023 - 6:25 pm by lVIike
HI Chris -

I do not have AOM / AOT installed prior to my AOM EE (Steam) download. - FYI I did, but I uninstalled and deleted all files.

My understanding is that the compatibility patch creates a /Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology file path and that this is the link that I need to filepath to for voobly? or is the /Steam/ filepath?

I believe the above is fixed using the /Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology file path, however I am now having issues with the 1.03 patch! (see above message). It seems the universe doesnt want me to play

Link | Reply | Quote
 lVIike

Posted 22 April 2023 - 6:30 pm
ok, I fixed the above and have the correct patch installed :) I loaded and saw the AOM TT loading page! woot!

Then - initialization failed. We go again
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 22 April 2023 - 7:51 pm
The issue has been solved.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts