Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > AoM: Map error one of the players in the game has a modified version o

AoM: Map error one of the players in the game has a modified version o

Suzuji

Edited 19 June 2023 - 5:13 am by Suzuji
Age of Mythology: the Titans
When I join games in AoM sometimes (1/3 times), I have this error pop-up and once I have it I cannot green up the game. Even though I have all maps and the host is just hosting your regular ''random'' map. Weirdly enough it only bugs out when random map is selected, and not random land for example.

I have tried downloading the rm2 files and replacing my current one, does not work. Also I don't get it why does the error only appear in some lobbies and not in others..?

Pop-up message:
Map error one of the players in the game has a modified version of the map file. The game cannot start.

Have we got a fix for this? Thanks.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 19 June 2023 - 10:50 am
Hi Suzuji,

Thank you for contacting us. The maps in the My Documents folder (C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\RM2) overwrite the ones in the Program Files folder. The most common problem would be that you have some invalid maps there, so please delete any maps you have in the RM2 folder in My Documents.

If that doesn't work, please perform a clean install of Age of Mythology Titans and Voobly. I hope this helps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Suzuji

Posted 21 June 2023 - 5:32 am
Hey, thanks a lot for your help.

I deleted the files in both rm and rm2, and now everything is working fine.

Cheers
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 21 June 2023 - 11:25 am
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear everything works now. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts