V1.6 RC Language without Chinese settings

xiaoantommy

Posted 8 July 2023 - 8:37 am
Hello, the language settings for V1.6 RC only include English and not Chinese. How can I handle this issue? Looking forward to your reply
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 8 July 2023 - 11:15 am
It doesn't have chinese because we don't have a language file in chinese. If anyone is willing to help us on that, we'll be happy to include it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xiaoantommy

Posted 8 July 2023 - 12:46 pm
Thank you very much for your answer. It's a pity that I don't have Chinese. I also want to help you, but I don't know how to do it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 8 July 2023 - 4:31 pm
The language file is one called "language.ini" in the mod's folder. You can open it with notepad and will see all the text the game uses. I could feed the text myself to an automatic translator but I have no way of knowing if what it returns makes sense.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xiaoantommy

Posted 8 July 2023 - 7:26 pm
I can take a look at the documents in our country that have been translated into Chinese and compare them. Perhaps it is feasible to match and compare the two.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 8 July 2023 - 10:26 pm
Definitive Edition has a similar mechanism for translations but the IDs of the text are all different from the ones in the Community Patch so it's hard for me to find the correspondents.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts