Re-Volt -> RVGL Lobby Fix

DragonLimoX

Posted 31 July 2023 - 9:37 pm
Hi, I would need someone in the staff like Chris to help fix the lobby re-volt because it doesn't detect or crashes when trying to host or trying to join a game. It should be able to detect rvgl.exe using this installation: [You must login to view link] Thanks,

Draco
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 1 August 2023 - 11:35 am
Hi Draco,

I'm Bombus and I think we talked about this earlier right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't RVGL the launcher rather than the game itself? What I think is happening, is that Voobly looks for the executable of the original game, which won't run on modern versions of Windows and so it crashes.

So instead it would need to be able to launch the RVGL launcher right? (I'm not making any promises on whether it can be fixed, but I'm trying to get the full picture of the problem. :) )
Link | Reply | Quote
 DragonLimoX

Posted 2 August 2023 - 4:38 pm
RVGL Launcher is mainly used to manage custom cars and tracks content packs and other things.. It is not really meant to host or join games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 2 August 2023 - 7:37 pm
Alright, thanks for explaining. Do you know how RVGL exactly launches the game differently than the stock game from the CD? Somehow you can play Re-Volt on a modern system with RVGL, but not with a stock installation from the original CD. If we want to fix it in Voobly, I expect we would need to mimic what RVGL does.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DragonLimoX

Posted 4 August 2023 - 5:57 pm
[You must login to view link]

No cd required for these versions and are more recent versions. Maybe if you can have players extract rvgl zip file to overwrite the file folder and rename the rvgl.exe -> revolt.exe
Link | Reply | Quote
 DragonLimoX

Posted 4 August 2023 - 7:37 pm
These are modern and don't ask for cd. What you have is v1.00 which is too old, no one plays that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 August 2023 - 8:09 pm
Hi, I would need someone in the staff like Chris to help fix the lobby re-volt because it doesn't detect or crashes when trying to host or trying to join a game. It should be able to detect rvgl.exe using this installation: [You must login to view link] Thanks,

Draco

Can I install the game with this ZIP file and play it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Santiii727

Edited 5 August 2023 - 12:02 am by Santiii727
+chris@voobly wrote:
Can I install the game with this ZIP file and play it?

Yes sure, that zip file has the full game for play, also RVGL version allows to play on modern multiplayer with all communities on re-volt. (With directplay lobby helper can be fully compatible with voobly)

- The Windows version now adds support for DirectPlay lobby launchers like
GameRanger or GameSpy. For this to work, create a copy of rvgl.exe and
rename it to revolt.exe, then place dplobby_helper.dll alongside.

Is also included in all portables RVGL versions
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 5 August 2023 - 11:27 am by +chris@voobly
  • Step 1: Download [You must login to view link]
  • Step 2: Extract the ZIP file
  • Step 3: Rename the extracted folder name "rvgl_full_win32_online" to "RVGL" and copy it to C:\
  • Step 4: Import the rvgl.reg to your registry (attached below)
  • Step 5: Host a game at the Re-Volt Lobby and launch!
Attachments:
rvgl.reg (file size: 440 B)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 August 2023 - 1:30 pm
In order to host a game, you must have forwarded port UDP 2310 in your router configuration.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 5 August 2023 - 2:14 pm
The above steps worked for me. The game launches now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DragonLimoX

Posted 6 August 2023 - 9:21 pm
Wow guys thank you !
Link | Reply | Quote
 Santiii727

Edited 6 August 2023 - 11:36 pm by Santiii727
+chris@voobly wrote:
In order to host a game, you must have forwarded port UDP 2310 in your router configuration.

Thanks guys! Is possible to enable to up 24 players? is that limit for connections in RVGL versions

Also can add resource webpages from community?

Like:

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 August 2023 - 6:18 pm
Sure, we can do that. I can also give you guys control over the Re-Volt lobby, if you can motivate people to play Re-Volt on Voobly. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Santiii727

Edited 7 August 2023 - 7:20 pm by Santiii727
+chris@voobly wrote:
Sure, we can do that. I can also give you guys control over the Re-Volt lobby, if you can motivate people to play Re-Volt on Voobly. :)

Thanks dude! idk where can add that pages in re-volt or re-volt chatting?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 26 posts