Port Forward problem expert needed please

Birdstwin

Edited 5 August 2023 - 8:48 pm by Birdstwin
Everytime I join a room I have trouble connecting to others players, maybe I will actually connect to one but everyone else I get the yellow warning. Sometimes I get a host that doesnt care and start the game with me in the lobby and I get to play with them. There is no problem when I'm actually in game, we play as normally. But most of the time people see the yellow by my name and kick me! lol!

I forwarded the port to 16000, even tried forwarding extra ports in the port forward guide, but i removed those extra ports when the problem wasnt resolved. I had this problem every since I installed Voobly years ago, I just decided not to play Aoe2 on Voobly cause its too complicated. The forums is my last shot. If this doesnt work maybe I'll try Steam?

How do I show up as normal to other people? See my images. Help please? I'm using wireless connection instead of being cabled to my router if that helps any.
Attachments:
portfor1.png (file size: 329.13 KB)
portfor2.png (file size: 80.48 KB)
portfor3.png (file size: 323.41 KB)
portfor4.png (file size: 52.5 KB)
portfor5.png (file size: 58.32 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 August 2023 - 11:25 pm
Try changing the NAT-T port to UDP 27000.
[You must login to view link]

In screenshot #2, add a Single Port Forwarding for UDP 27000.

If the problem persists, we will have a look at your router's firmware.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Birdstwin

Edited 6 August 2023 - 12:40 am by Birdstwin
CHRIS!!!!! You are GODLIKE!!!!!!

I have never joined so many games where I can actually see the bars next to people names!! Thank you so much! Fixed on the first try, thanks to your SKILL! Excellent support from the Voobly team!
Attachments:
fixed1.png (file size: 110.26 KB)
fixed2.png (file size: 78.35 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 August 2023 - 11:58 am
Glad to hear it's working now. Have fun on Voobly. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts