Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Rethink new player lobby restrictions

Rethink new player lobby restrictions

Potto

Posted 9 September 2023 - 7:07 pm
I've just received a Voobly request for financial support. Maybe the financial shortage is a point where someone is willing to rethink the completely pointless ban of weak players from the new player lobby. I'm actually willing to help, but only if I'm allowed to have an appropriate lobby as a weak player.

What good is done to new players, if players of same strength are bannned? In my case, it seems I was banned because I played some games in MS with an equally weak player. Those rules are intransparent, so I had no idea these games would imply a ban from the new player lobby. Now I can only play MS, but I would ruin any team game, because I'm much too weak for MS. I have to resort to games where I bother nobody, like all vs all.

I have never been offered a plausible explanation for this policy. It helps nobody, it does not protect new players, it just takes away the opportunity for weak players to play with same strength players. I know I'm not alone. Rethinking this policy could make Voobly more attractive. If money is so desperately needed, maybe it is time to to get off the high horse at this point?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 10 September 2023 - 2:52 pm
NPL was designed for NEW players, not for bad players. We have an algorithm in place that decides whether a player is ready to play in MS or whether they are not. The idea is to protect new players from bad rooks or from experienced players (who just want to have easy games) or even pro players who believe, that trolling new players at NPL is funny. The algorithm details are not public, because people would then go around it.

The idea is that you have to get familiar with the Voobly client first and that you need a safe environment to get some basic understanding how to play the game and then starting to play with others players of your rating in the MS lobby.

Your rating for TG has never dropped below 1500 and for 1v1 matches it has never dropped below 1200, so I actually don't see your problem. You aren't a new player, you do not belong to NPL. You are already much better than 90% of NPL players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 10 September 2023 - 3:19 pm by +chris@voobly
Potto wrote:
'm actually willing to help, but only if I'm allowed to have an appropriate lobby as a weak player.
Quid pro quo kannst du vergessen. Es gab schon Unzählige vor dir, die sich hier nur aus Eigeninteresse einkaufen wollten. Voobly ist immer noch ein Community Projekt...
Potto wrote:
If money is so desperately needed, maybe it is time to to get off the high horse at this point?
Geht's auch etwas freundlicher? Noch keine zwei Jahre dabei, gerade mal 4 Postings und dann so auf den Tisch hauen, das haben wir gerne. Da haben all die Leute, die schon seit Jahren, einige sogar schon seit über 10 Jahren hier aktiv mitarbeiten und mitgestalten gleich den richtigen Eindruck von dir.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GUYS]Running_Turtle

Edited 11 September 2023 - 1:16 am by [GUYS]Running_Turtle
FFA 1v1v1v1 ... is quite different from regular teamgames.

FFA rewards turtling, 4v4 punishes it. The meta is quite different.

If you want to do more 4v4, maybe make a new nick for that? So it reflects your skill level better.
Still... people can be pretty toxic regardless. Its nasty.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ X ]PrIMeZ

Posted 11 September 2023 - 12:44 pm
there is one person named " KRISHNA or OMEGA "
you can always bash him in MS lobby,
because of him i always loose if equal level players play,

add him to watch list,
join wherever he plays,
and split him,
you have fun!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Indian1218

Posted 12 September 2023 - 12:22 am
Who is Krishna? Is he a CSA player? Is there any other player named Pradyumna too?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Krishna_

Posted 19 September 2023 - 4:17 pm
that's why voobly bans you every month
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 September 2023 - 5:17 pm
Oh, you know each other?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Krishna_

Posted 19 September 2023 - 6:22 pm
Unfortunately yes
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 September 2023 - 7:47 pm
THIS… explains a lot. You know where to find me if required. ^^
Link | Reply | Quote
 Indian1218

Posted 20 September 2023 - 1:44 am
+chris@voobly wrote:
Oh, you know each other?

But this is the first time I spoke to him :D. Anyhow nice to see that you know each other with this conversation.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _MaM_Meta_

Posted 21 September 2023 - 2:05 am
Solution is abandon voobly and play on steam platform.
No mod , no ban, no new player lobby.
Easy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 21 September 2023 - 4:55 am
_MaM_Meta_ wrote:
Solution is abandon voobly and play on steam platform.
No mod , no ban, no new player lobby.
Easy.
You are free to do what you want, but if you really want to leave something, you don't say it, you just leave it and leave.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ X ]PrIMeZ

Posted 22 September 2023 - 8:36 pm
there is no omega/krishna in steam,
so we aint coming,!!

Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 12 October 2023 - 6:15 am
Indian1218 wrote:
Who is Krishna? Is he a CSA player? Is there any other player named Pradyumna too?

Why need to be a CSA player?

What have we done?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 16 posts