AOMEE patch issue

Ra1nmaker

Posted 15 October 2023 - 7:10 am
Hi, I downloaded the AOMEE patch from here [You must login to view link] and have followed the instructions laid out to 1. install the game on steam, 2. install the patch, 3. launch the voobly lobby and select the aomx.exe which should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology as the launcher.

However, there is no launcher available in this section of the menu for me (screenshot 1 attached is what I see)

I would assume this patch is supposed to go over top of the base game, which is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mythology for me (screenshot 2). So a few questions:

1. could I manually move the game code from its steam location into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology, run the patch, move it back and it would work? (already tried this, didn't seem to work but figured I'd ask anyway)

2. any other ways around this?

3. anything I overlooked?

Thank you!
Attachments:
nolauncher.PNG (file size: 252.99 KB)
basegame.PNG (file size: 219.82 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 15 October 2023 - 2:25 pm
Hi Ra1nmaker,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry to hear you ran into issues with our patch. You're right. There is no launcher there, but there is the symlink to an executable however. When Voobly asks you to locate the launcher you can point it to the AoMX symlink in \\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology.

If that doesn't work, you can copy the AoMX.exe from the Steam folder. Then you will have a launcher to select for sure and it should work.

Warning: do not point Voobly to your Steam folder as your game will be corrupted if you do.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ra1nmaker

Posted 15 October 2023 - 5:13 pm
Thank you for the quick response Miko! Ok so for some reason the symlink is working now but apparently it doesn't recognize the new version as 1.03 - should I run the update aomx10to103? Or can I just update the value with regedit?

Thanks!
Attachments:
10to103.PNG (file size: 105.19 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Ra1nmaker

Posted 15 October 2023 - 11:50 pm
Ok did a clean delete of everything including regedit and seeing this, which is what I saw when it wasn't working before. Is this expected?
Attachments:
symlink.PNG (file size: 180.88 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Ra1nmaker

Posted 16 October 2023 - 4:42 am
Also when I try to paste in the executable instead I get this...
Attachments:
filetoolong.PNG (file size: 131 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 17 October 2023 - 7:05 pm
Ra1nmaker wrote:
Thank you for the quick response Miko! Ok so for some reason the symlink is working now but apparently it doesn't recognize the new version as 1.03 - should I run the update aomx10to103? Or can I just update the value with regedit?

Thanks!

You're welcome. This is what you should've done. Whenever the patch is installed run the update. You can download the update here. After this you will be able to play the game through Voobly. Welcome and enjoy. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts