Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > Purchased AOE II Definitive Edition on Steam, but Voobly can't find it

Purchased AOE II Definitive Edition on Steam, but Voobly can't find it

NormandyBlue

Posted 28 October 2023 - 5:57 am
I just went and uninstalled Voobly, uninstalled AOE 2013, restarted my computer, got on a VPN in case my downloads were being blocked on my regular internet service provider (US) for some reason, and I reinstalled Voobly and AOE 2013 using the steps.

Still, the same problem guys. This keeps popping up:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'steam:\\rungameid'
Verifying 'steam:\\rungameid\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location.

Something to note: I am able to download Voobly itself off from voobly.com - But, I cannot download ANY of the 3 patches:

1. Our Community Patch v1.6 is the......
2. you need the Patch v1.6 RC......
3. the Data Mod v1.6 Game Data.....

Those are 3 seperate links to 3 seperate patches on the Voobly main site. It will download to 99%, then say "lost connection to the server. Reconnecting in XX seconds." In the box it will also say:

"Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostics"

Then it will go to downloading up 100% but it never closes or says finished, it just says "downloading update (100%) and the circle will keep spinning, indicating that it's still trying to download something even though it's saying downloading update 100%.

Another thing. I noticed on the step by step instructions where it's asking me "do you want voobly to fix this problem for you" on game diagnostics, on the linked instructions page ([You must login to view link]), it says something different on that linked instructions page then what it says on my end when I do a game diagnostics.

On the linked instructions page, it'll say:

"Non directplay game path is 'c:/program files (x86)steam/steamapps/common/age2hd"

On my actual game diagnostics, it'll say:

"Non-directplay game path is 'steam://rungameid"

Notice the difference between the 2 - Mine doesn't have the letter C anywhere in it like the linked instructions do.

Could that be affecting this?

Also, because I can't actually download the compatibility patches due to my downloads never getting to 100%, I actually had to download the compatability patch off from this link instead and I chose the 32 bit option (don't know if i was supposed to choose 32 or 64):

[You must login to view link]

Also, after I downloaded that compatibility patch a popup box said this:

Age2HD installation was not detected at steam://rungameid
Link | Reply | Quote
 NormandyBlue

Posted 28 October 2023 - 5:59 am
Any help is appreciated guys. I am at my wits end right now. This is absolutely ridiculous, you have to be an IT genius (which certainly am not) to play a game created two and a half decades ago on Voobly. This is crazy and beyond frustrating.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 28 October 2023 - 12:15 pm by +chris@voobly
Okay, let's try something else:
  • Step 1: Close Voobly + Uninstall Voobly
  • Step 2: Uninstall AoE II HD on Steam + Close Steam
  • Step 3: Run the attached Voobly Patch for AOC
  • Step 4: Install Voobly (https://static.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.7.5.5.exe)
  • Step 5: Enter a game lobby and run game diagnostic. When asked for the game.exe, it can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe
Attachments:
AoE II The Conquerors Patch.exe (file size: 112.5 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 NormandyBlue

Edited 30 October 2023 - 8:11 am by NormandyBlue
+chris@voobly wrote:
Okay, let's try something else:
  • Step 1: Close Voobly + Uninstall Voobly
  • Step 2: Uninstall AoE II HD on Steam + Close Steam
  • Step 3: Run the attached Voobly Patch for AOC
  • Step 4: Install Voobly (https://static.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.7.5.5.exe)
  • Step 5: Enter a game lobby and run game diagnostic. When asked for the game.exe, it can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe

I did these steps.

There is nothing in my computer that can be found in the link pasted below that you gave to me (it doesn't exist in my computer):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe

And now, I'm noticing this when I look on the folder icon from the bottom of my laptop (I click the folder icon and then the categories of downloads, my desktop, pictures, videos, documents, etc. etc. comes up - Please forgive me for the lack of technical vocabulary for whatever that folder icon at the bottom of my laptop is).

So when I click that folder icon at the bottom of my laptop, under "Desktop", where AOE 2013 is and where Voobly is, there is a big red X under the status of both AOE 2013 and Voobly. When I click on the "Error" button up top (which is related to the big red X's on AOE2013 and Voobly) it says:

"6131 sync errors. 5.0 GB used of 5.0 GB 100%. You can't upload new files or send and receive emails for this account."

Then it has a link for me to upgrade.

WTF?!

So now I just went and looked at my storage for my laptop. It says:

Windows (C:) 953 GB - - - - 94.3 GB used and 858 GB free

So why the hell is that 6131 sync error message giving me a big red x and talking about storage? My email is with GMAIL, not with this stupid microsoft hotmail or OneDrive or whatever BS. I THINK (can't remember exactly) that I WAS FORCED to sign up for a microsoft hotmail or maybe a OneDrive email or something like this, when I installed the computer because the installation process wouldn't let me install my laptop without creating the email.

Is that what email that 6131 sync error message is talking about, whatever email is associated with my laptop?

Because again I use GMAIL I don't even use the email that I was forced to create when installing the laptop. So WTF does my email have to do with storage for my documents, my pictures, my downloads, my videos, etc. etc.?

Why am I getting these big red X's now under not only Voobly and AOE 2013 downloads, but now I'm seeing the red X's on my pictures and my documents and my downloads, etc. etc. as well.

When I clearly have enough storage I paid extra money for the extra storage on this laptop and it says I have 858 GB STORAGE LEFT ON MY LAPTOP SO WHY THE F**K IS THE 6131 MESSAGE TELLING ME THAT I DO NOT HAVE STORAGE?!?!

Apologies for my anger right now I'm so frusterated.

Also, one last note - These big red X's and 6131 messages were not present UNTIL I started this install then uninstall then install then uninstall crap with Voobly and AOE 2013 over and over and over over again. None of this was here until I started the endless cycles of uninstall and then install..........
Link | Reply | Quote
 NormandyBlue

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:07 am
Also, one last note - These big red X's and 6131 messages were not present UNTIL I started this install then uninstall then install then uninstall crap with Voobly and AOE 2013 over and over and over over again. None of this was here until I started the endless cycles of uninstall and then install..........

Okay, to be clear here is an example of what I was talking about with the red X's, please not this is NOT a snip from my own computer but just a random snip from google images (but my computer was doing the same thing):

Anyways, I did some researching and apparently it's "OneDrive" that Microsoft forced me install when I did the initial installment of my laptop.

So isn't OneDrive just a backup cloud type of thing? OneDrive shouldn't affect what I ALREADY HAVE on my laptop, like Voobly and AOE 2013 and all my writing documents and all my pictures, right? Because I clearly have a bunch of GB storage on my laptop so if I have these files saved on my laptop, then OneDrive doesn't matter, right?

Because I messed around with OneDrive's settings while I was researching it and now OneDrive is saying that files are going to be deleted in 30 days if I don't PURCHASE ADDITIONAL storage space for OneDrive, which I REFUSE to do!!!!!

Basically I'm asking Voobly Help Desk, OneDrive can't go and delete things like Voobly or AOE 2013 or my pictures or my documents that are saved ON MY LAPTOP, right? OneDrive will only delete in OneDrive but it can't delete on my laptop, right?

Do you guys think OneDrive is somehow affecting Voobly and AOE 2013 purchase from Steam?
Link | Reply | Quote
 NormandyBlue

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:08 am
I'm sorry for all my questions guys. I am a blue collared worker, I am not an office worker, I am not an IT guy. My knowledge to computers is extremely limited, I don't understand all of this technical stuff. I apologize if some of my questions sound dumb (I realize they probably are dumb). While I don't understand all of this stuff, I can follow and I have followed the step by step directions that you guys have linked to me, so I am trying my best here............
Link | Reply | Quote
 desperado111

Edited 30 October 2023 - 8:37 am by desperado111
About this:
Code:
"6131 sync errors. 5.0 GB used of 5.0 GB 100%. You can't upload new files or send and receive emails for this account."

I am almost sure that onedrive used 5 GB so your microsoft account can not send or receive emails anymore, and onedrive isn't working anymore...

This has totally nothing to do with Voobly...

Rest, I don't know...
Link | Reply | Quote
 NormandyBlue

Posted 30 October 2023 - 8:36 am
I did some more researching and came across a somewhat recent thread on Reddit:

Do you guys think OneDrive is screwing all of this up somehow?

Again, I have TONS of GB space on my laptop. So that OneDrive crap shouldn't even matter with all of this and I am NOT paying OneDrive for more storage space when I already have all the storage space that I need on my laptop already!!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 October 2023 - 7:25 am
Try excluding your hard drive from being synced with OneDrive. Open OneDrive and check its settings, you should be able to deselect your hard drive there. Most likely, this will resolve all your problems you are having lately.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 24 out of 24 posts