BF LORD allied vision in 1.6 mod

[_TDA]Mo2a

Posted 29 November 2023 - 2:51 pm
the standard BF LORD map with allied vision (2 boars/8 deer that's it) is not in the 1.6 data mod , the common maps in 1.6 data pack have a BF lord allied vision with hills , wolves ,about 3 lakes and random extra hunt which is very unfair sometimes , can we please add the normal BF lord with 8 deer , 2 boars and that's it , in the 1.6 data pack I mean , cause many people prefer the standard BF lord so they play 1.5 even though 1.6 is better now .
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 29 November 2023 - 8:05 pm
Another player contacted me on Discord with a more balanced script for BF Lord, that's why I changed it. I have no problem adding more deer and removing wolves.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Edited 30 November 2023 - 2:04 am by Sickle
Here you go :)

Same design as BF LORD. (with dot - I think it was the most popular LORD version in DE Balance). So 8 deer, 2 boar, no water, no hills, no extra boar, no wolves. Straggler trees little bit closer to the TC.

Expanded with 1.6 features so it has ALLIED VISION, can generate different terrain, herdables and hunt but without distraction (and no snow) and most common generation is still sheep+boar+normal terrain.

You have to put it in this folder:
Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\v1.6 Game Data\Script.Rm
Attachments:
- BF LORD.SICKLE.rms (file size: 10.02 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 FrkXJ6

Posted 30 November 2023 - 3:07 am
The "BF Lord. Allied Vision" is way better than those weird generation maps that the "BF Lord." had. It also has lakes, hills, and extra hunt (Which is all available in the original Black Forest map, if you dont know lol). The hills is what makes the new map way better, because in normal BF Lord there is literally no hills, and it shutdown a lot of game mechanics and strategies, and also make the Tatars bonus useless
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Edited 30 November 2023 - 3:47 am by Sickle
FrkXJ6 wrote:
The "BF Lord. Allied Vision" is way better than those weird generation maps that the "BF Lord." had. It also has lakes, hills, and extra hunt (Which is all available in the original Black Forest map, if you dont know lol). The hills is what makes the new map way better, because in normal BF Lord there is literally no hills, and it shutdown a lot of game mechanics and strategies, and also make the Tatars bonus useless
Sounds like you just want to play Black Forest :P I don't blame you, but in the old game versions there were many LORD versions available, and this one was always the most popular. LORD players like it easy and clear :P don't want the stress of too many options and things to pay attention to in the beginning, also for new players that can concentrate on learning the basics this way.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_TDA]Mo2a

Posted 30 November 2023 - 11:47 am
Awesome , thanks a heap , now 1.6 is finally playable to me :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Edited 5 December 2023 - 5:10 pm by Sickle
And here is a version with No Onager Cut: Onager does not cut trees similar to original game/AoC/1.5. Siege Onager, Trebuchet and Balista Elephant still cut as normal.

I prefer this as it takes a bit more effort and team coordination for a successful cut, and it also makes a rush cut from start less feasible. Most people already don't do it (because they play BF for a reason), but it can be a real OP strategy.

NOC in file name = No Onager Cut.

Again you have to put it in this folder:
Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\v1.6 Game Data\Script.Rm
Attachments:
- BF LORD.SICKLENOC.rms (file size: 10.16 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 5 December 2023 - 6:42 pm
Tomorrow I'll have time and will revise and add these scripts.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 6 December 2023 - 5:04 pm
I will modify the current BF Lord to have no hills, no water and no wolves. As far as I've seen, it already generates 8 deer per player.

I will also add a version of this with no cutting onagers, all with the combinations of Allied Vision and Fixed Positions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 6 December 2023 - 6:28 pm
Your NOC script doesn't prevent onagers from cutting, at least in scenario mode.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Edited 7 December 2023 - 1:41 am by Sickle
Not sure how scenario mode works but it works in multiplayer random map and that's what counts :P I tested extensively and also saw it work in multiplayer in multiple real games (as mentioned above, SO, balista elephant and treb still cut, and are supposed to). I also tested it with/without siege engineers, with/without chemistry and all works correct.

Anyway, why try to reinvent wheel and not use map that i modified? I put in many effort to use 1.6 features in terrain, herdables, hunts, you can see from script it has a lot more diversity and consistency compared to old default (animals match eachother and trees, all herdables in one map all same kind; e.g. pine trees in mountains with ibex, boar and goat, or jungle trees in tropical with ostriches, turkeys and rhino, amongst other possible combinations). And it has many other things that BF LORD players prefer to current default map: stragglers bit closer to tcs, boar and sheep closer to tc, less thin tunnels, not random trees everywhere blocking buildings. Those things are based on the most popular BF LORD version from DE Balance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Posted 7 December 2023 - 1:17 am
(btw i don't mind also keeping the current script in the game as an alternative, I think it can also be fun sometimes but to convince BF LORD purists to start playing 1.6 I think this is best)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Edited 7 December 2023 - 10:02 am by +pablo@voobly
Don't get me wrong, I was only warning that it wasn't working, in case you ir me were doing something wrong.
I did use your script and noted the differences (hills, wolves...). I wanted to do it properly to add the map in the Handicap mode, in case people want even more versatility.

In any case, thanks for the NOC code.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Posted 7 December 2023 - 11:40 am
+pablo@voobly wrote:
I did use your script and noted the differences (hills, wolves...).
OK cool, I misunderstood.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['Ls]__JaguaR___

Posted 11 December 2023 - 8:25 am
Personally, I think the wolves, lakes and hills add more depth to BF Lord, it adds more strategy to it.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 22 posts