1.6 RC Game Joining issue

Samantha_

Posted 28 January 2024 - 9:54 pm
While playing 4v4. the last 2 players always are not able to join. they gets unable to join error and they can join back if they rejoin the game while others wait in the game launch room.

I Host 1.6 RC game always and i face this problem every single time. i will have to resume game and ask the players in the game room (the two players who are not able to join) to rejoin...

this is a concern sometime they wont take time to rejoin and they leave... so i will have to cancel the game...

please help... also there was a message from [email protected] that if we report reproduceable 1.6 rc errors there is some reward. i dont have the link with me if i am supposed to post it there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 29 January 2024 - 7:31 pm
Are you playing in spanish? It may be the language change.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samantha_

Posted 30 January 2024 - 1:56 am
no i play in English. and i dont understand spanish.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samantha_

Posted 30 January 2024 - 1:57 am
and i its not just with me. any one who plays 1.6 rc has this issue as far as i know
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Posted 30 January 2024 - 12:43 pm
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/354682
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samantha_

Posted 30 January 2024 - 2:53 pm
see above is another example from sickle
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 January 2024 - 2:58 pm
Yeah, the problem is still, that we must be able to connect the dots, so the problem can be reproduced - else it cannot be fixed, as we cannot figure out what is causing the problem. There are plenty of 4v4 games in the past 60 minutes, so it cannot be a general problem (a problem that affects everyone).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sickle

Posted 31 January 2024 - 12:04 am
+chris@voobly wrote:
Yeah, the problem is still, that we must be able to connect the dots, so the problem can be reproduced - else it cannot be fixed, as we cannot figure out what is causing the problem. There are plenty of 4v4 games in the past 60 minutes, so it cannot be a general problem (a problem that affects everyone).
Don't think you understand description? As Samantha wrote and me in other topic, they can still click 'join game' again after they fail to connect the first time; so it does not prevent you from playing completely, but usually people don't know what's going on and just leave, or other people think something is wrong and leave etc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 January 2024 - 8:06 am
I just joined 20 games in a row and I was not able to reproduce it. Then I tried to restore a game, joined five times, no problem. I have no idea how to reproduce it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 January 2024 - 11:12 am
I think I found it, needs further testing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Samantha_

Posted 1 February 2024 - 2:54 am
fyi.. if you want to reproduce it join my room anytime. i have it reproduced every single time
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 February 2024 - 8:56 pm
It's under review... we will get back to you soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 tombalacipascal

Posted 7 February 2024 - 9:22 pm
this happens when we saved the game (someone disconnects) and try to restore. Usually, 3 out 8 cannot join the game. If players try couple of times 7-8 times to join, 2 out of 3 can join somehow.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 February 2024 - 5:46 pm
Thanks for your report, the issue is still pending though, as we are still trying to figure out, what has caused it.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts