Community Forums > Voobly General > Strategy Guides > CS 1v1 Smosh Blood Guide

CS 1v1 Smosh Blood Guide

[ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Edited 7 March 2013 - 4:09 pm by [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

The Basic Principles of Smosh 1v1

INTRODUCTION:

-Easiest principle to understand is you need to destroy enemy tower to win the game.
-Next principle is that you want to control the 'mid' or statue area (archers rushing to middle as soon as they spawn).
-Last principle is you want to gain more kills than you lose/give away, while controlling the middle.

These principles sound basic and simple to follow, yet are quite difficult for many new players to emulate. You’ll see people saying it’s an easy map to pick up and learn. Yes, it is a simple map, though it is by no means an easy map, as individual player speed and skill dictates the winner, just like many other maps.

My background: My name is Ben, I have been involved in CS since many years on Zone, and I have been playing Smosh since Zone at a high level (so like 8 years + @.@). I have many AKAs (such as EyeZz, Benhouse, ScreaMo, Emarosa and various others). I am actually the person who fixed the Smosh map for 1v1 with the 20 second spawn timer (Bens 1v1 Smosh ^.^), which seems to have made a difference for newer players, and older players have learned to accept the map. I have been one of the Best Smoshers for a very long time, and I have helped numerous players learn, improve and exceed their expectations with Smosh. It’s a game I really enjoy as it’s hard to be a ‘dirty’ player in it ^.^

My Three Tips To Improvement!!!: My tips are often over-looked or misunderstood by many players, or kept as secrets by many players. Smosh is a simple map, but there is a lot of technique associated with winning the game in expert tier games. Here I will share the three main tips I have for helping all players improve;

1. The Initial Sending/Moving of Units – As we all know, Smosh starts off with Archers spawning from 2 locations, eventually building to 40 Archers in total. We also know that we need these archers engaging in battle as soon as possible (in a position of power) so we are not behind in kill total from the onset, therefore condemned to losing the match.

It’s understood that we want to send archers towards the middle, but how do we do this without archers stopping/pausing before they reach the middle, without forgetting other groups in our base, and how can we move them accurately?

I see a lot of common errors in player technique such as;
-Players using the mini map (this is highly inaccurate and very lazy)
-Players patrolling their men out (there is no control)
-Players blindly sending archers forward (no accuracy, no control)
-Players often having archers regroup (slow ‘mid’ fight)

I’ve learned to combine a myriad of knowledge from other expert players over the years to create an easy and understandable way to achieve faster speeds of archers in order to win the initial statue fight (the ‘mid’), or in the least make you more competitive.

Step #1. Compose yourself; take in some deep breaths before a match. If you’re nervous or doubtful, angry or annoyed (losing games builds this up), you are more than likely to play worse. Play against anybody and everybody, you’ll only become worse if you don’t.

Step #2. Wait for that first archer to spawn, and double click on it (press twice quickly with mouse – this will select all archers of same type, which is much more effective than drag/box in this situation (but somewhat harder), and quickly send the archers forward (~3 tiles), then double click again (any archer, preferably same archer) and move further forward again. This will create a “non-stop moving archer line” effect.

Step #3. Keep the direction of the archers movement as straight as possible, any strafing/straying will cost a lot of time and make walking distance longer. It can also encourage regrouping, which is something we want to avoid at all times.

First Group;
You must login into Voobly to view image

Second group + first group;

2. Placement – This is important in terms of the battle for the statue hill or the ‘mid’. This is often underestimated and neglected for brute speed, and when a player loses after a great start it leaves them confused and annoyed. If you can combine a good start and great placement, you will always give a solid fight on the ‘mid’.

Where to place? I can’t and won’t answer with specifics. We will all have unique styles and unique preferences which we think work for us and we think will not. This is a judgment call you will learn to make through practice. However, I can help you out by generalising. I find for a lot of players, if they can aim for the mid-line on the statue’s side (the square base), you will be highly competitive (whatever side of statue you prefer). As long as most of your archers are on the elevation, they will receive height bonus + power up bonus, making them stronger than an archer sitting on the road tiles.

e.g. of neutral spots for competitive fight;

3. Hills! I cannot help but giggle when some players mention Smosh is ALL ABOUT THE MIDDLE. It’s not true. I admit the ‘mid’ is an essential component for a good start, but it is not the ‘be all or end all’ of the map. You can turn around a loss of the ‘mid’ into a positive for you with good usage of hills and knowledge of how and when to use them. You can also strengthen a ‘mid’ capture with the usage of hills afterward.

e.g.

To explain and illustrate this effect, I will share some records that show a good hill effect to counter a mid loss. These games also share some good rushing points. Enjoy!

[You must login to view link]
- 6x 1v1 Games of various quality players. Enjoy.

NOTE: Will add more records later.

Please rate!
Link | Reply | Quote
 cHop1n_

Posted 23 May 2011 - 6:52 pm
Incredible guide. Congratulations ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Mau5_RTK

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:04 pm
good. you should try to add what to do when you GET mid lmao
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Mau5_RTK

Edited 23 May 2011 - 10:23 pm by _LC_Mau5_RTK
lol why did u have to add THAT ****ING GAME OF ME.

That game pissed me off so much that i lost middle there. ughghghghgghghghggh
Surprised the **** out of me with that positioning

It still bothers me i lost because of that.

-

and PS; i love how the majority of those recs are of an LC losing,,, lol
bias picks much?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 24 May 2011 - 2:21 am
I only did a quick scan of games. Feel free to add some of LC winning from similar positions of you want to nit-pick, it's intended as a guide, not as an ego ride.

As for gaining the middle and holding that, every player will counter it differently. I know first hand, Geen and Octo counter completely differently and I have to play completely differently. It's too much information for a newer player to comprehend, demonstrate and remember.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Kei_

Posted 24 May 2011 - 4:49 am
;w00t Nice nice Ben thanks for the apportation ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ Wf ]sJesse_OwenSs

Posted 6 June 2011 - 11:17 am
este jugador me gusta sus tacticvas y su manera de compartir...ojala `podamos jugar con el alguna vez...
Link | Reply | Quote
 BAZOOOKA

Posted 7 February 2012 - 10:40 am
how to play the records ??
Link | Reply | Quote
 VilzuS

Edited 24 March 2012 - 4:22 pm by VilzuS
nice guide ben**** <3 reinforces that some players are encouraged to test bloods, currently there are some players who are encouraging smosh play as members of the clan DZ addition to others, I hope many will be encouraged to learn not only smosh, also other bloods if someone want practice with me in smosh or another blood feel free to contact me, all are welcome. i have manny rec games to aport if ppl want it pwme message.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pestilence_

Posted 25 March 2012 - 1:14 am
Haha cheers virus! <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]M1K3_

Posted 27 September 2012 - 1:49 pm
Thanks a lot :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 27 September 2012 - 3:26 pm
Thanks :) I'll be 2k in bloods in no time now! I can feel it!
Link | Reply | Quote
 lXl

Posted 27 October 2012 - 7:27 am
Thank You.Really nice [You must login to view link] works. tooth .
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FIz ]_SyEd_

Posted 10 June 2013 - 5:56 pm
1+ ;good

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts