Coming Soon: Rambit CBG Dragon

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 13 June 2011 - 7:01 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Plan to incorporate many of the elements of 10th legion as well as some of Is_this_my_name's suggestions (e.g. full pop buyable) into the last map I made (Rambit CBG 2012):

Release Date Goal: August 31st, 2011

First though:
All buys up top will be one more king and all civs will for sure start with one more king... I might adjust the archer civ kings more because in 2011/2012 people have been abusing the handicap of the infantry civs and mass producing units so it's like a new henry to go instant subo/martel.

Dragon Starting Civ Amounts:
Aztecs: 2 + 4 kings + elite
Britons: 2 + 1 kings
Byzantines: 2 + 3 kings
Celts: 2 + 4 kings
Chinese: 2 + 2 kings
Franks: 2 + 4 kings
Goths: 2 + 4 kings
Huns: 2 + 3 kings
Japs: 2 + 3 kings
Koreans: 2 kings
Mayans: 2 + 1 kings
Mongols: 2 + 2 kings
Persians: 2 + 1 kings
Saracens: 2 + 2 kings
Spanish: 2 + 1 kings
Teuts: 2 + 3 kings
Turks: 2 + 1 kings
Vikings: 2 + 4 kings

2012 king amounts:
Aztecs: 2 + 3 kings + elite
Britons: 2 kings
Byzantines: 2 + 2 kings
Celts: 2 + 3 kings
Chinese: 2 + 1 kings
Franks: 2 + 3 kings
Goths: 2 + 3 kings
Huns: 2 + 2 kings
Japs: 2 + 2 kings
Koreans: 1 king
Mayans: 2 kings
Mongols: 2 + 1 king
Persians: 2 kings
Saracens: 2 + 1 king
Spanish: 2 kings
Teuts: 2 + 2 kings
Turks: 2 kings
Vikings: 2 + 3 kings

Top Store buys:
Archers of the Eyes: 3 kings
Charlemagne: 5 kings
Henry the V: 5 kings + imp infantry upgrade if your civ gets it
Robin: 6 kings
Belisarius: 7 kings
Subotai: 8 kings
Charles Martel: 9 kings
William: 10 kings
Tamerlane: 11 kings + going to expand the middle power-up area for tamerlane only
Theo: 12 kings
Khan: 13 kings but no full pop khan
Harald: 16 kings but no full pop Harald
Global: 20 kings

Additions to top store:

a) Kill all units on Mid Hill for 5 kings
b) Unlike 10th Legion with its add 7 ap to spawn units I'm going to incorporate something like add 7ap and 30hp to all units every 3-5 mins for 6-8 kings (this is a better buy as well as its ease to program)
c) add full population buyable so you can have full pop of any 2 units and take away full pop of khan and harald in an effort to make games more difficult (this will be a slight pain to program but I'm more worried about the game crashing)... maybe limit it to 300 units? 150 from each flag.

Also like 10th Legion:
-Everyone starts with 1 respawning khan (replaced khan buy at beginning for an option to get one king now at bottom store and another every 15 mins)

Main map:
I added shallows to the main portion of the map and in other places to try to incorporate more of the rushing aspect of the super store so it's more probable that you could rush someone across the map. This is why the map is named Rambit CB "Dragon." Dragon Archers Blood was an old school AOK map in which the primary focus was rushing. This is why Dragon Store was named Dragon Store as well, which is another map that I made back in the day that's voobly certified.

I'm making these changes because I want people to really work for the win. I think it'd be awesome if someone had to get global in every ffa game to win but I guess for this to happen Harald would probably need to be removed. I could add a Smosh element in of kill all units in a persons base? That'd be crazy though. Maybe something like remove all units from my base either like bring king to flag at the back of the spawn or buyable up top. If it's added up top I'd probably just incorporate it into the remove all units from mid buy so it'd be: remove all units from mid hill and my base. I actually really like that idea. I probably won't totally remove units. I'll just damage them a certain amount repeatedly until they get out of the area. Not sure how much damage though. Thoughts?

Super Store:

-Since rushing will be easier I'll probably increase harald back to 5 in comparison to 2012 where he's 4.
-Nevski will get his attack and upgraded every 20 secs like other units as well so it's more beneficial to buy him. I tested it with a 10 hp/6 ap upgrade then a 5 and 3 but both seemed too much. I believe I'm set on giving him 3 hp/ 2 ap every 20 secs so it's still worthwhile for people to buy ap/hp for him.

You must login into Voobly to view image

Random:
-I'm thinking about adding in a continuous power-up for the khan unit that everyone starts with as well and the power-up would stop when an object is destroyed just like the house and hg in mid. Actually, I think I'd make it apply to all khans so if their khan dies and their object is still up another khan would appear and start powering up as well. Although this would mean if a person was potentially kicking too much ass they could purchase khan and get the upgrade. If I do this though I have to edit/add to the anti-delete triggers and I'm not sure how these work though. However, I guess I could just tie both upgrades into everyone's house and maybe increase the hp of the house a little bit. This sounds like the easier solution.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 6 June 2011 - 4:42 am
Well, it certainly looks nicer. I imagine it will still be a terrible map to play however.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LVCH]__quico

Posted 6 June 2011 - 10:31 am
like ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 GildartS

Posted 6 June 2011 - 12:53 pm
Well, it certainly looks nicer. I imagine it will still be a terrible map to play however.

i imagine visious = negative person who talks but doesn't produce.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PiA]NegativeProton

Posted 6 June 2011 - 1:57 pm
Nice spelling brah!
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 6 June 2011 - 5:38 pm

In addition to criticizing the map how about you provide some suggestions that would make it better. Otherwise what's the point of commenting?

Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_TreasoN_

Posted 6 June 2011 - 9:04 pm
i havent bothered to read most of it but anything which incorporates 10th rocks, gl.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 6 June 2011 - 9:46 pm by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
GildartS wrote:
i imagine visious = negative person who talks but doesn't produce.
Produce in what way?
In addition to criticizing the map how about you provide some suggestions that would make it better. Otherwise what's the point of commenting?

Thanks.
If you want suggestions to really improve RCB, then you need to figure out what setup you want to focus on - 1v1s/2v2s/4v4s/2v2v2v2s - because each one will require drastic changes to make the game not suck like it does for the majority of those formats.
Link | Reply | Quote
 cHop1n_

Posted 6 June 2011 - 9:28 pm
Dragon ahahaha xD
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 6 June 2011 - 10:00 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
If you want suggestions to really improve RCB, then you need to figure out what setup you want to focus on - 1v1s/2v2s/4v4s/2v2v2v2s - because each one will require drastic changes to make the game not suck like it does not for the majority of those formats.

You still aren't being specific enough. Sucks in what way? Being next to a civ that beats you right away? Again you could at least make a legitimate suggestion that would improve the quality of the whole map rather than making an excuse saying I'm not being specific enough about what I want to improve. Isn't it obvious I want to improve the whole map? Instead of wasting my time say something worth it because otherwise from my perspective you saying rambit sucks probably means you just don't know how to play it.

In addition if you meant "sucking" to mean being next to a civ that beats you, things like archers of the eyes/paladins are available at the start so you can at least make the battle at the cross even and prevent any "sucking" from occurring. Plus think about the units at the super store. Rushing is a great strat if you're doing badly.

Also, in comparison think about CBA when doing random civs; rambit is much better. CBA is horrid when it comes to doing random civs in 2v2s/4v4s/2v2v2v2s/ffa/1v1s because there is no control/no other strats available. All you can do is wall up and hope death does not come swiftly and your teammates civ(s) beat the others/they're ****s.

Increasing all buys by one king at the top store will make the game a lot more even. Infantry civs won't kick so much ass and plus adding a buy up top like add 7ap and 30 hp every 3-5 mins means that civs like the chinese won't need to buy a hero and can just get "super castle unit" in about 20 mins. An interesting fact, I think it's hilarious that in the triggers for the game the infantry civs are deemed the "****ty civs" when they can easily and do win the most. Back to my point. All civs will become more even with this change.

I'll probably add in an element similiar to smosh where birds fly towards someone's base if they want all units removed so a person doesn't get completely owned if they brought full pop there. I'm thinking 5 secs is enough time for a person to get some units out and suffer the consequences of having the rest die. I believe this whole kill enemies in my base thing will also only be restricted to the main part of someone's base.

Anyone randomly know how the smosh birds thing is programmed so I don't have to go figure it out?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 6 June 2011 - 11:57 pm by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
Perhaps I should play your edit before passing judgment. I apologize.

The Smosh Ray is done with a few triggers:

Player buys the ray, which activates the following triggers. (on, looping)

Trigger tasks and creates macaws looping toward an enemy's base. (off, looping)

When the macaws reach the player's base, they are killed and that player's units are damaged. (on, looping)

On a timer, this trigger deactivates the creation and looping of macaws. (off)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LDK]II_AlPedoMal_II

Posted 8 June 2011 - 2:22 am
2012 king amounts:
Aztecs: 2 + 3 kings + elite
Britons: 2 kings
Byzantines: 2 + 2 kings
Celts: 2 + 3 kings
Chinese: 2 + 1 kings ( ARE U KIDDING)
Franks: 2 + 3 kings
Goths: 2 + 3 kings
Huns: 2 + 2 kings
Japs: 2 + 2 kings
Koreans: 1 king (LoL
Mayans: 2 kings
Mongols: 2 + 1 king
Persians: 2 kings
Saracens: 2 + 1 king (mmmm maybe +1)
Spanish: 2 kings
Teuts: 2 + 2 kings
Turks: 2 kings (1 King)
Vikings: 2 + 3 kings
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 8 June 2011 - 3:59 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
2012 king amounts:

Chinese: 2 + 1 kings ( ARE U KIDDING)
Koreans: 1 king (LoL
Saracens: 2 + 1 king (mmmm maybe +1)

Koreans have always been 1 king (in both 2010 and 2011). Koreans rock. you can garrison war wagons in castles if rushed with martel and war wagons beat subo,henry, and robin if you use them right. easy to go instant khan.

Chinese were downgraded 1 king in 2011 for some reason and I just stuck with that. Probably because when they attack the pyramid it's epic and the game glitches out.

Saracens - in 2010 they started with 2 + 2 kings... no wonder they raped. Mamelukes own. 2+1 is fine.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 8 June 2011 - 4:01 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Perhaps I should play your edit before passing judgment. I apologize.

The Smosh Ray is done with a few triggers:

Player buys the ray, which activates the following triggers. (on, looping)

Trigger tasks and creates macaws looping toward an enemy's base. (off, looping)

When the macaws reach the player's base, they are killed and that player's units are damaged. (on, looping)

On a timer, this trigger deactivates the creation and looping of macaws. (off)

Thanks this will definitely help. I think I'll use this for killing units on mid hill as well but I still need to figure out the amount to damage units.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 13 June 2011 - 6:40 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I may get rid of the increasing all buys up top by one king idea. For instance, if your Goths you'd start with 6 kings below (or 3 up top) which means you'd need 5 more for Subo if he's 8 which is either 20 razings or 16 razings and 100 kills. I could possibly come up with a way for people to get kings faster... Maybe you'd get kings for the 7th and 9th razes as well or more kings for kills but I actually think it'll be simpler if it's just left the way it is.

On a different note I was talking to someone about dragon online yesterday and they mentioned that there should be some more additions to invoke more strategy such as if you capture a relic in mid your pyramid gets more hp or if you mine gold somewhere you get an additional unit. Or instead of something like capturing a relic I could incorporate something like gwarz where if you hold mid you get a bonus, which would be hp added to your pyramid.

I'm probably going to throw in a buy on the Super Store similar to Rambit CB Auto Final that adds something like 100 hp and 5 ap to all units in your base not sure for how many kings.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 16 posts