New map im currenty working on~!

[FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 8 August 2011 - 10:33 am
Ok guys and girls im currently working on a map for my self and a mate that we play via LAN

The problem that im having ever now (or even the same time) is the map crashes the game

now i have a lot of trigger within the map
it's sort of a blood bath map so u could imagine the trigger i have

now what im needing help with is if ppl out there have made maps before and they have had the same sort of problem im having were did u start looking to fix it i have checked all my trigger to see if i have added in a comand that should be there and also looked to see if there ova lapping

So if your got any ideas that be great help thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 8 August 2011 - 11:52 am
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 9 August 2011 - 10:23 pm
Quote:
Change View - Change View crashes if you change view over a very large distance or if you change very close to the edge of the map. Split it in to several triggers, each trigger changes view over a smaller distance
Odd that you know this, the map you entered into the scenario comp has this bug. About half the people crash at the start of the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 9 August 2011 - 11:40 pm
Worked fine 100% of the times I tested on GameRanger, even with 8 players
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 10 August 2011 - 3:23 am
Worked out the problem for this

I still dont know what it was tho

But what i did was deleted all my triggers and done them again one by one i have an idea on what the problem may have been. I recon it was a trigger that was ova lopping a nother meaning i had to many running for the same job

But it all works now
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Edited 29 August 2013 - 5:16 am by +[MM]jason
I had a similar problem where the game would crash when there was a human player in player 2 position. But would work fine when the player 2 was a computer player. It turned out that I had an object destroyed condition with no target set. That took some finding. The best way is to delete blocks of triggers and test. Using the process of elimination. It was especially hard for me to find someone patient enough to help me test the map as I needed a human p2.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:51 pm
The best thing to do, is test test test. Create 1 trigger and test it. If it works make all the appropriate triggers of this kind then test again and so on. Yes it makes map making a longer process, but in the long run, less bugs means less work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Berenguer

Posted 29 August 2013 - 1:11 pm
Why nobody, almost nobody, work for random maps ? ;nonono
Always CS maps and then filling the forum whit complaints. And no need to talk about the CS skills .... ;lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 1:33 pm
hmm could come down to popularity? playability? unseen? innovative?
Link | Reply | Quote
 chuckii

Posted 29 August 2013 - 4:11 pm
I cool nic
Link | Reply | Quote
 chuckii

Posted 29 August 2013 - 4:12 pm
I like this

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts