Question~!! Have a read!!~~

[FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Edited 23 August 2011 - 4:59 am by [FuS]Talli_Ho69er
OK for you guys that create maps.

I have made a few now but i mainly make them for myself and my mate to play for some fun
the map i make are only 2 player but some time they play out for 2-3 even sometimes 4 hours
Do u guys think that a long time for a 2 player only map?

the map im talking about is quit simply in design but have plenty of triggers

Map Info:

2 shops for a choice of different strength soldiers
there only one way to reach the other team to kill them
you gain a king for the shop ever 200kills and after 2000 kills one ever 2 min
the most kings you need for the best soldiers is only 12 which has like 34ap and 320hp
the point of the game is to kill the other teams pyramid

now this is one of the first maps i have made and it took me almost 2 weeks to do that was with a few hours each day

The new one im working on now is also a 2 player and just for the design it self has taken me maybe 14hours
this one is going to have a lot more trigger then the last one i was talking about also and i think maybe it take me 2-3weeks to complete which i mean 2-3 weeks solid

Now putting all the rubbish beside that i have dribbled on about;

Question: Is 2-3-4 hours to long for a 2 player "would anybody reading this get bored"(i know that i don't while playing but i cant play it twice in a day)

Edit: Just a quick question were the best place to learn about everything and everything about making maps, trigger, and modding and is there any program that help you with map making
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 23 August 2011 - 5:25 am
What do u think a good time limit is Donnie

If the game is interesting

2 hours tops
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 23 August 2011 - 5:28 am
Edit: Just a quick question were the best place to learn about everything and everything about making maps, trigger, and modding and is there any program that help you with map making
aokts...if you dont use it....then my friend you just wasted long hours of painful map making
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 23 August 2011 - 5:37 am
Quote:
aokts...if you dont use it....then my friend you just wasted long hours of painful map making

What the hell is aokts?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 23 August 2011 - 5:40 am
What the hell is aokts?
a program that allow you to do maps you dont even need to be in aoc,ppl usually use it to copy triggers if you make a trigger for player 1 then you duplicate it for all players it gives you 8 triggers with the same setup but for different players then you can adjust them in aoc and you got your basic triggers that you can use for your 8 players. it really depends of what you want to do.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 23 August 2011 - 5:52 am
mmm interesting can you link me to the download and also a tut on how to use it please that be a great help becuse triggers are a pain in the assss
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 23 August 2011 - 9:44 am
Quote:
Chaos Blood is just... how should I say this? Crap? :p
lies! it still is a quality map - original, strategic and fun
Link | Reply | Quote
 Matt0

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:59 am
BF_Basse wrote:
CBA v8 isn't 10,000 triggers, it's only 1970 triggers :p
Also half of them are useless since all they do is detecting heroes and auto-boot players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 23 August 2011 - 4:55 pm
Rambit wrote:
lies! it still is a quality map - original, strategic and fun

^^ Chaos Blood is probably the bloos I enjoyed the least while playing :p
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 23 August 2011 - 5:04 pm
basse you should try out our tech support, it should help.

I've done that 2 times already, but nobody cares that it crashes on me...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:48 pm
Quote:
I've done that 2 times already, but nobody cares that it crashes on me...
On the tech support forums? That doesn't sound like kitt.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 24 August 2011 - 3:14 pm
Omg, my computer is NEW. Same thing happened on my older computer.

It's more likely that it's Voobly that causes the crash rather than my computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 24 August 2011 - 4:33 pm
Yes, since it's not working on a clean computer. Voobly were one of the first program I tried, because it didn't work on my old computer...
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 24 August 2011 - 5:07 pm
It says I have wrong version, even though I have fully patched from microsofts homepage
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 24 August 2011 - 8:40 pm
Maybe, if you have a pirated version it isn't the complete game; try s different one/reinstall. Mine may or may no be pirated and it works fine. I do miss the background music though; I lost my cd, Sad Panda. Voobly should add it back in and you can choose from either AoC or AoK background music.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 32 posts