Over Maximum HP Conflict in Mapmaking

[MM]_krmyth9

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:06 pm
I am currently developing a unique RPG and have encountered a nasty issue I'd like to learn how to fix. In my game I allow the players to purchase and use potions on their characters (which restore HP.)

The Problem: Player 1 (at one point) has a 60 HP Character. My potions (when used) heal 25 HP of the character. However I'm unable to prevent them from over-healing and going past the Maximum HP.

Example: P1's character has been damaged 40 health (20/60 HP remaining.) He has 2 potions. He uses the first potion (healing 25 health) and now has 45/60 HP. Player 1 then decides to use the other and heals 25 more HP and his character now has 70/60 HP, which I don't want. I want it to be where it just goes to the maximum HP when healing less than 25 health rather than going over (obviously players will take advantage of this and make their characters health go way over the Max HP.)

Any help on how to fix this problem would be great!
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 17 September 2011 - 6:05 pm
There's an easier way, using a monk tasked/stopped to heal the unit. I use it in an RPG I've been working on for a while. This, combined to increased Heal Rate (via triggers) can make a unit heal whatever you want. You can heal to max life in 1 sec, or use a slower heal rate :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]_krmyth9

Posted 17 September 2011 - 9:45 pm
Well I DO have healing points in my map (changes ownership briefly to player so they can heal their units.) But using potions is something for when your in the middle of the battle (nowhere near a healing point) and need to heal your low hp character... can't really walk a monk onto the field when someone uses a potion.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts