return?

_LC_Jack_Knife

Posted 28 January 2012 - 4:14 am
You guys should all quit i watched some of these games and they suck take no skill what-so-ever, and honestly look boring as hell. Move on to age of empires much better game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xRyDax_

Posted 28 January 2012 - 7:25 pm
I'll tell you what pal, if u can beat me 1 out of 10 games ill quit ants for good.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CoMb_R

Posted 31 January 2012 - 1:01 am
You guys should all quit i watched some of these games and they suck take no skill what-so-ever, and honestly look boring as hell. Move on to age of empires much better game.

rofl age of empires?? LMAO!!! might as well go play WOW too while your at it rofl

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Jack_Knife

Posted 2 February 2012 - 4:06 am
^which is why theres about 2 players in ants and about 1600-2000 players on aoe. Aoe takes skill i garentee if i played 2 weeks of ants id bo9 you anytime. Seeing as all you do is micro about 5 ants to collect food and attack not to hard to do.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Jack_Knife

Posted 2 February 2012 - 4:07 am
^ehich is also why our average age is about 30-50 and why sadly yours is only about 10-15 :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 Lima

Edited 3 February 2012 - 12:34 am by Lima
Why'd you come here just to say that kind of stuff? To try to annoy us? :S
Even though you made a point, you are wrong in some aspects.
Most of us, if not all, are 20+. Ants has a long history already and we're veterans.
Ants was popular back in the late 90's and lost support/community throughtout the years due to a variety of reasons, sadly (read the game's history). We were also discouraged to support the game, i.e. by making a remake or something, about 10 years ago.
AoE is a great game and no one can deny that. AoE games are also intense specially when you play with good players, and if you are a good player yourself, which makes everything more enjoyable. Even though Ants and AoE are in the same class as RTS, the concepts are entirely different. The game does take skill and it's not that easy as it seems and as you claim to be.
Microing in Ants, I think, it is more complicated then in AoE and the impact of doing so is greater in Ants, as well. Actually, with just one ant, if you are good enough, the damage you can do is way greater than in AoE and, therefore, it is harder. You move an ant on a grid or latttice, square by square or step by step, and fight like that. In AoE you don't really have that depth of unit control and even if you did, you wouldn't care because the whole concept is different.
Working with a single unit in AoE is useless. I'd say that 90% of the times a game of Ants is settled with ant on ant (1 on 1) fights despite of rushes. These ant on ant fights take its time to master. Trust me, multitasking and microing in Ants is not that easy but I'm not saying that Ants is harder than AoE in any aspect, because it's not.
What I'm trying to say is that just by looking at game replays it is easy to judge and one'd say that the game is simple, as in easy to learn etc. It is, but not that easy to master. In the end, we're just comparing games with different concepts. :P

Peace.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CoMb_R

Posted 3 February 2012 - 2:38 am
^ehich is also why our average age is about 30-50 and why sadly yours is only about 10-15 :/

;doofy what a joke this kid is.... o **** I needed a good laugh!! wtf you doing here? go ride around on your little horses, go round up your little animals, and go build your little army rofl

And Lime bean is right :)

The End.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Dethcon

Posted 6 February 2012 - 8:10 am
hey, there **** wit a knife. ill give you a whole year to obtain the skill level in Ants and i'm willing to put my entire paycheck that I would still be able to annihilate you when I return early next year. but we kno you are not gonna take that bet obviously.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Jack_Knife

Posted 7 February 2012 - 4:26 am
i just said everyone should quit why would i spend a year on the game i just said nobody should play? lol allright and good one there you sure you even make a paycheck?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dethcon

Posted 9 February 2012 - 4:34 am
yea, $943.38 biweekly paycheck and the other check of 927.58 for the other two weeks of the month. it's not much, but at least i get paid even if i don't do my job rofl. tell you what. i'll give you a whole week to train yourself and if you beat me once in any of the 10 games we play ill give you my monthly check, but i rather take the 1 year training cause you develop a lot of skill during that timeframe, you need time to get that kind of level, but i don't think you'll be able to surpass me when i come back. if you take the week deal, i'll try my best to find a computer to play against you, up to you
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Jack_Knife

Posted 8 April 2012 - 10:07 pm
one again pointless game, noone plays it, minimal skill required, stupid story line in the first place, and id be damned if i spent even 5 minutes beating all of you at it.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 26 out of 26 posts