Some questions i must ask to improve

brahms

Posted 24 October 2011 - 5:53 am
Hi, i would love to ask the community some questions to improve my gameplay (I'm not much of a forum user, sorry if I'm doing anything wrong)

I'm kinda new on this, but some time ago, i spent a few days watching recs of L_clan_Chris, Daut, Jordan_23, and many other Pro players, and got really excited about the game. I had played it before but now i was really exited about it.

The thing is, i can imitate the pro players at a great level (i even dare say an 18xx level) on the first 15 minutes of the game (except my slightly slow scouting) but when my village becomes bigger and war starts to get nasty, i just kinda freak out, cause i no can no longer control everything. it may just be that my mind is slow, but i think it maybe has to do with how i barely use the ctrl+1(or 2,3,4 etc) or maybe i should change hotkeys, or learn to use them faster. I think i have pretty good ideas and mathematical thoughts, but my haands are slow to translate than onto the game.

I would love to see a Pro player on his computer, and watch his hands on the keyboard and mouse and see what technical issues i am missing, but since i can't do that, i ask you:

Any pro tips you could give me to use my hands and fingers work faster?
If any1 has already given these tips can any1 give me a link to them?

I don't know if any1 will read this, but if you do, thank you, and if you answer, doouble thank you.

See u on the battlefield
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Mau5_RTK

Edited 5 November 2011 - 12:59 am by _LC_Mau5_RTK
Well noones posting, I am by no means an RM pro (or even an RM inter) lol.

but some things to help you in aoc overall....

1) Know your hotkeys without thinking.
Write them down, set them to something close to your left hand. Then open an RM post imp DM game.
and just practice doing it over and over again.

As an example: I made my hotkeys

control + a= archery
control + s= smith
control + b= barracks
control + d= market
control + f= stable
control + r= uni
control + e= dock
control + w= workshop
control + v= castle
control i = mill
bb= build bombard
bt= build tower
bw build wall
bf= build farm
be= build house

2) Make sure ur resolution is the largest (Buy premium for widescreen if you can)

3) Increase your scroll speed in aoc game as fast as it can go.

4) Try never to get caught up in one place at a time. Constantly change about and go back to what u were doing if you are needing to.
Say like you have one villager left to build then your going to hit castle. go press idle villager key a couple times, send them to work, then go back to your TC and up. Dont sit there and wait.

5) Use mouse hotkeys (On my mouse I have two hotkeys.),
i set one as idle vills
i set the other as TC's.

Then i can quickly go back and forth between the two which helps in booming.

---

Anyway hope that helps a bit, not sure if you knew that all or not
Link | Reply | Quote
 BuzZ_Badtrip

Posted 6 November 2011 - 6:36 pm
You don´t need to have a high APM to play AoC at a high level, so I wouldnt worry about it, but make sure you know your hotkeys (even tho I know some players at 18+++ that don´t use a single hotkey). What is more important is to get a good routine going where you check eco, military, minimap, stockpile so you don´t neglect any of this. Remember, the eco mostly runs it self, you just gotta put the villagers to work and make sure the enemy isnt killing them (alert sound and minimap wil tell you if they are).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SadBirds]MR_Hassan

Posted 7 December 2011 - 7:08 am
;mute
Link | Reply | Quote
 L1_m0n_ChU_P40

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:23 am
that would be awesome for a top level player to record his keyboard/mouse during a game

jajaaj wanting you to say your mind also its speed and the bench where he is sitting
_____
_____
jajaaj falto que dijeras tambien su mente su rapidez y la banca donde esta sentado
Link | Reply | Quote
 AlbanianHero

Posted 28 December 2013 - 2:52 pm
the only way to become faster is to JUST KEEP PLAYING you're going to get faster gradually... or just start playing DM ^_^ DM is almost all about speed... makes you very fast... just make fast decisions... and the right place to post these kind of questions is [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ CEI ]Gothlander

Posted 3 February 2014 - 7:50 pm
I will give you a tip. This tip is even faster/better than what the pros do. Get yourself a razer naga mouse. It comes with a program where you can make macros. Instead of hitting the b key and f for farms. You just hit one button on the mouse and it does it for you. you have to bind the macro to the mouse buttons.

I have 17 things bound to my mouse. I only have two things that I hit on my keyboard. I do also use hotleys to pump out military units.

So you want to really simplify things, with just one click of a button to build things, get a razor naga mouse. And make the macros. In my opinion, it's the fastest way to do things.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts