Suggestion For Germs Blood

borlanged

Posted 30 June 2010 - 6:16 pm
I say the map should be filled with walls.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Leitis_

Posted 1 July 2010 - 11:00 am
Ben you can agree with as much opinions as you want as soon as you actually play again.
Right now you're just ****ing on everythign and telling everyone what they're doing wrong and what's going wrong with everything without actually playing so you can't even know what you're talking about.
And the no wall thng is really ****ed, i mean extremely ****ed.
All games would end with the first player getting harry cause you have 0 defense against any type of rush.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BuriedInVerona

Posted 1 July 2010 - 1:52 pm
Campers will always fight with ranged inside their base. It's the only way they can win games.

Stating =/= Complaining. We both know you have a problem with me. If you have a valid point, I'm more than happy to discuss an argument with you. So instead of making blind accusations of which you do not understand, try to be a little more sound with your approach in future topics ;).

I wasn't aware that I had to play a game against you or someone you know who would discuss such a game with you. But a word of warning, I witnessed a recent game (in the last 3 weeks, Psilo vs Badghost) while cooping, and Psilo built up a very nice lead at start. What is Badghost's reaction? Why, camping inside his base behind his walls to gain a kill advantage to catch up. I guess this is a true measure of skill for any sort of player, especially somebody you state as a potential top 5 player in the map =].

I actually played Hun in a friendly 2v2 a couple of weeks ago if you doubt my previous paragraph as a valid argument ^.^

Link | Reply | Quote
 Leitis_

Posted 1 July 2010 - 4:55 pm
I don't have a problem with you, again, i have a problem with you talking like you're playing all these maps 24/7 and are well aware of what's going on in voobly.
If you want me to prove you can camp without walls, i'd be happy to play you in a 1 v 1 deleting all my walls, so if you took away the walls, all that is left is the gay part at start and you miss out of all the rushing games while still having to deal with the camping issue. Playng without any walls would only be helpfull against people who do not delete any walls and who camp behind closed gate with archers, which is basically only eot_Shane, so if everyone avoids playing him, this discussion can be closed ^^
And btw, i'll be the last person to defend camping, and i think if everyone played with some self respect there'd be no camping, if however someone does camp against you you either beat him anyway and prove you're a lot better, or you wait outside your base for him to come out, which he in 99% of the cases will do.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BuriedInVerona

Posted 1 July 2010 - 6:37 pm
Like I've been saying the whole time, I am backing up a clan mates opinion of which I agree with and have seen first hand in the past and recently. Regardless of how active I am in the bloods community, what I have witnessed and my understanding of the map is strong enough to see that this is an issue at times.

Psilo asked for 2 walls to be removed (the standard for a lot of players). I personally remove all walls + gate on one side. I do not want all people to do this (maybe as a sarcastic joke at times with Geen), as it can leave you vulnerable for the rush. The only time I had any trouble with it was when games went to Khans/Heroes, as Elephants are slow enough to give you time to set up a tower block, but I only got Khans games with Tragic. Playing this style you really need to be on top of your game and understand what you're doing. But only removing two walls still allows you to defend with ease, but stops people camping with archers early in game after a bad start, locking gate and having 5-10 melee units clogging up that 1 wall spot. In late game, ranged units are too strong to really be aggressive and push inside the enemies base. Personally, the latest Germs tournament Voobly hosted was really fun to play in, as the 2 walls minimum was introduced and camping wasn't an issue. I had to play Shaney who deleted 1 wall on each side, but I still spawned him 2-0 to advance to the next round (he's a terrible Germs player as you would be aware).

Having to fight, run back, set up then wait again is slow and boring. There were few people who camped Zone, even on GamePark (irrelevant of player skill difference from then to now), so the games were fast, exciting and addictive. I guess ratings have made people more desperate for winning, and will do anything to win. When games were based on reputation, if you camped, people wouldn't play with you so your gaming experience was affected and this discouraged players from camping.

I think this explains why the "oldschool" players hate camping, while the newer generation and the CBA side of players don't see a problem with it, since CBA same-civ games normally involve fighting, running back to regroup and strengthen numbers (deleting weak units at times), then fighting again until a player builds a big enough advantage to push aggressively.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GGfengle

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:27 am
你们要比赛吗?
Link | Reply | Quote
 UserID145515

Posted 30 July 2010 - 4:53 pm
Seeing as we got no where with this post. I am closing it.

-Denied.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 37 out of 37 posts