Rambit CB 2011

Is_this_my_name

Edited 8 January 2012 - 7:10 am by Is_this_my_name
I have made some changes to this map. post any suggestions.

things ive changed so far;
-made invincible genitaur cost 3
-added a missionary for 1 king with 1000 hp
-get 2 villies when villie is bought (to build faster)
-added invincible skirmisher back for 2 kings
-added archers of eyes at top for 2 kings (spawns every 4 secs)
-changed tamerlane powerup; every 6 instead of 7 secs for regular mid. also anywhere in the entire large middle square it gets +1ap +4hp every 20 secs (and spawns 5 secs)
-took out ornlu the wolf and scythian scout (with 10000hp)
-made Gods Own Sling (trebuchet) cost 3 (instead of 4)
-made it so u cant attack kings with gods sling

possible ideas;
-replace tamerlane with archers of eyes with global powerup
-monk for 2 kings with 2000hp and extra range
-middle hp powerup
-buy at top, add ap to hero spawn
Link | Reply | Quote
 CFV

Posted 1 January 2012 - 7:38 pm
From my view 2011v2 is good one.
current genitour is perfect.
missionary idea is ok.
About 2 vills.In that case ppl may not buy imp age.
removing wolfs is ok.
I have one suggestion...Please add archer of eyes for 2 kings like 2010
Link | Reply | Quote
 duder

Posted 2 January 2012 - 12:11 am
This is weapon. Do not change Harald to 4. I already tried that and it's too powerful and makes buying other things at super store relatively pointless; 5 from 6 for a Harald was a good enough change back in the day.You sure you don't just want to help me redo the whole thing? Making these little changes doesn't do much in respect to the bigger problem of RCB freezing and better map layout.

If you insist on only editing 2011 lmk and I'll make a list of changes I think should be done related to that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 2 January 2012 - 6:16 pm
did u see the other topic i posted for rcb 2012? i would probly help finish that. u already fixed some big problems (like freezing and layout)in that one right?
i was going to make some quick fixes for 2011 v2 so it doesnt take a long time. then we could have both versions rated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 __CarnAge___

Posted 2 January 2012 - 7:23 pm
removing treb promotes camping
removing scout makes archers civs stronger
Link | Reply | Quote
 duder

Edited 2 January 2012 - 7:42 pm by duder
2012 is already finished. It just freezes at the beginning and quits out if you don't pause it. It's still in the map pack if you want to map copy any of it for 2011. I set out to redo the whole map because of this freezing issue, + other things, and to change the layout of the map so it's better overall.

Well even if you do help me you still could make minimal changes to 2011 I guess and help me with RCB Gold Shadow (tentative title) if you please. Also, I wouldn't remove the scout. Wolf is worthless though. I tested it against the cpu and human players and heroes shoot at it automatically while other "basic" units don't.

lmk what you decide and when I get back to my apartment from being up north for holidays I'll make a list of relatively small things I think could be done still to improve 2011 v2.

Another quick thing: keeping tamerlane and simply making the powerup area bigger while changing its spawn time to 4 secs from 3 would be a better choice than removing it overall. If you want though archers of the eyes probably should be added back in. ... not sure about giving them a mid powerup though.

Another thing I just remembered: It always seemed like there was just more and more stuff I thought I could do to make the map better when I redid the layout and started on the triggers. So from my perspective making 2011 v2 better is only a half-measure. Even if you helped just a little bit I'd probably start working on Shadow 2 hours a day. I just had no motivation to complete it a couple months ago due to school, work, and the daunting task of making a whole scenario by myself and the eventuality of the anti-delete triggers which are huge in number.
Link | Reply | Quote
 __CarnAge___

Posted 2 January 2012 - 7:40 pm
would be better to fix crashing issues
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 2 January 2012 - 8:30 pm
Quote:
I set out to redo the whole map because of this freezing issue, + other things, and to change the layout of the map so it's better overall.
so for RCBG shadow u plan to start the whole map over again?
would it end up being pretty much the same as the 2012 map u finished already? it seems like it would be worth it to try and figure out why RCBG2012 freezes and fix that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ArgentoTrampa

Posted 2 January 2012 - 8:50 pm
things ive changed so far;
-made invincible genitaur cost 4 with +50 ap (this is not necesary, nobody will get a genitor for 4 kings,, only for get 50 ap,,) -added a missionary for 1 king with 600 hp (1000HP misionary better,, misionari havent range)
-took out ornlu the wolf and scythian scout (with 10000hp) scythian scout for 2 kings, and quit the wolf
-made Gods Own Sling (trebuchet) cost 3 (instead of 4) agree with that

;flowers ( dont touch the flower, is ok with grass,)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ArgentoTrampa

Posted 2 January 2012 - 8:51 pm
-would have to put something for players who do not have a certain amount of deaths and Razes be kicked to the hour.
for example if a player has less than 8 Razes at forty minutes of games is eliminated ..

means? thus would end the problems of feders ..

, another point would be the subject of genitors and monks .. the genitors are very cheap and sometimes gameplay rob the map .. a good alternative would be to increase the range and the monks HP .. such as adding a monk who go 2 kings and the monk has 2000 HP and 9 +3 range .. that way we could let go 2 kings genitors and off the price ..

-the slingshot should be worth 3 kings, and there to fix the bug in the base of p4, if disarming a slingshot at the base yellow can kill kings who are in the area of ​​Tamerlane or theo

- The color of the floor is not recommend either change it, there was a version that brought snow and could not play for the brightness.

towers, leave everything like this one is perfect.

- Do not add heroes below Charlemagne, the noobs grab him and begin to feed.

-to the Aztecs would have to give IMPERIAL Atack, but not armor

the Persian-stone not to give so much advantage they have.

Last but not least. RCB's main problem is the game crashes when fridge,,,
Link | Reply | Quote
 squidinit

Posted 2 January 2012 - 9:02 pm
rambit castle blood was ruined when some knob decided to add all those watch towers in the middle. it was better left as 2 accursed and the house. razes are given away to easy in the new maps
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_TridenT__

Posted 2 January 2012 - 9:15 pm
Now a post from, let's face it, somebody who knows what they're talking about lol.

-made invincible genitaur cost 4 with +50 ap - Fine W/E it win't ever be used again after, but that's not a bad thing.
-added a missionary for 1 king with 600 hp - Pointless? Why not add back some super hereos, after all it is the super hero store...... who took them out? lol. add back wallace and theos lol.........
-took out ornlu the wolf and scythian scout (with 10000hp) - why take out scout? it is good for 1v1s.
-made Gods Own Sling (trebuchet) cost 3 (instead of 4) - sure, ppl rarely use them, but I think 4 was perfect myself, think of all the other effort u would have to go through to kill a pryamid.

still to do;-add invincible skirmisher back for 2 kings - yup, dno why it was taken out
-get 2 villies when villie is bought (to build faster) - old versions i used to play had this, wonder why they made it to 1? just make sure host cant build seige, coz that was a bug with vil a long time ago.

possible ideas;
-replace tamerlane with archers of eyes with global powerup - just get rid of the cheap hereos, ie ones under 4 kings, magne is cheap and crappy enough, only noobs buy ones below this and feed to ruin games.. take them out, better idea. global powerup is already there... my idea would be to put in an option say 7 kings for +11ap to all hereos.... like in 10th legion rcb, that worked well.
-add back regular archers of eyes for 2 kings -dont, pointless, ruins map.
-increase tamerlane powerup area ..

id try and balance the civs a little more, if u can think of anything again , pers are back to pwning all , maybe start them with 1 not 2 kings
Link | Reply | Quote
 duder

Edited 2 January 2012 - 9:48 pm by duder
so for RCBG shadow u plan to start the whole map over again?
would it end up being pretty much the same as the 2012 map u finished already? it seems like it would be worth it to try and figure out why RCBG2012 freezes and fix that.

Yes, I already have started the whole map over again (see image via link below).

To summarize past conversations related to 2012:
    1) Ice and snow possibly cause initial lag to make it quit out=> ice and snow removed from whole map => still quit out
    2) Little extra things that can be seen via the mini map of AOK trigger studio may cause initial lag and cause it to quit out => map copied over whole map to remove splotches => map still quit out
    3) before the above 2 things I checked for trigger errors in AOK trigger studio => no changes map still quit out
    4) I can't remember exactly how I did it but I went through and I believe I deleted each group of triggers to see if I could isolate the cause (e.g. kills, razes, buys, upgrades ...) => map still quit out
    5) I suggested maybe it was the anti-delete triggers causing it to quit due to me accidentally altering one of them => deleted them all and the map still quit out
=> I believe I negated every possibility so I just gave up and said screw it and I'll just remake the whole thing.

I think a posted this on a different thread back in the day but here's where it was at as of [You must login to view link]. There are even more changes that I've made as well but I don't have that scenario file on this cpu so I can't show you them but some of them include:
    1) Making the bases even bigger and altering castle and hay stack locations to facilitate an ability to build things better if you go the villager route
    2) adjusted the location of the path between players 1-2, 3-4, etc. and made two gates at the front of each person's base to compensate for the better ability to negate an attack from the side
    3) some tower arrangement things in each base
    4) The idea of adding in a king to select different modes at the beginning and a OHHHH!!! I completely forgot about this but it was an idea to remove the possibility of it freezing in the future. Along with the different mode selector once the king would be deleted or after a certain amount of time the triggers would be activated in a sequential order so the scenario loads "slowly" all towers would initially belong to gaia and be converted back to the respective player after the king is deleted ( I did check and this doesn't affect the anti-delete triggers currently in 2011)
    ----different modes could include: 2010 mode w/henry at 3 kings, remove undead bombard towers in mid mode (I thought it'd be a good idea to make them undead for 3-5 mins initially) ... might be better not to give people an option to do this, global mode: remove all buys that lead to a unit that powers up... there were more but I forgot what they were

This map would most certainly not be the same as 2012. I made a couple bad decisions in 2012 (e.g. villager for 4 kings, addition of ice and snow to make the map look cooler, which is believed to cause in-game lag) so imo because of the ability to make it better via just redoing it and also because I just could not rectify the freezing issue I resorted to starting over more or less from scratch.
Now a post from, let's face it, somebody who knows what they're talking about lol.

-add back regular archers of eyes for 2 kings -dont, pointless, ruins map.

It seems like this thread is fairly popular so I'll wait and just critique everyone's opinion at once but I just gotta say quick that adding them back in AND increasing their spawn speed to every 3 secs does not make them worthless. If you're the Chineseagainst another archer civ for instance it's much better to just get archers of the eyes right away (assuming the starting king #s for the Chinese would be changed back to 4 like it was in 2010 from 3 as it is in 2011). This is the best way to go because you can only get a power-up of (1) by garrisoning Cho Ku No so you can garrison quick and get quick robin or above fairly easily.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]SaitoHajime

Posted 2 January 2012 - 10:55 pm
remove genitour . PERIOD.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 2 January 2012 - 11:51 pm
Yeah disable genotour was one of the options I planned to add as well.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 32 posts