triggers cause out of synce

Is_this_my_name

Posted 26 January 2012 - 7:22 pm
does anyone know if change diplomacy triggers cause out of synce?
i tried a map i made and it always goes out of synce about a min after a trigger is activated which includes change diplomacy (for choosing a hunter). not sure if its the diplomacy effects that cause it.

i was also wondering if theres any way to un-research or take away a tech for a certain player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 26 January 2012 - 8:57 pm
maybe its not diplomacy triggers... i tried it without those effects and still out of synce.
can chnging ownership of units from gai to a player cause out of synce?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kirito_X

Posted 26 January 2012 - 9:18 pm
That doesn't sound right. What exactly are you changing the diplomacy of? Tons of scenarios have player 1 to gaia and they don't go out of sync... player to player is probably rarely used though.

I'd post that question about unresearching techs at the blacksmith...I doubt you can do it without modding the scenario though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 15 February 2012 - 8:27 pm
No way to take away a technology, even with modding. Best you could do is make a new technology which has the opposite effect.

As for your map syncing, I doubt it is trigger related. If I had to guess I would say it is something to do with you personally rather than the map (either your PC or game files). If not, then probably the map got corrupted somehow.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Edited 19 February 2012 - 12:10 am by Is_this_my_name
Quote:
Best you could do is make a new technology which has the opposite effect.
i guess there is no tech to change elite unique units back to non-elite then.
Quote:
As for your map syncing, I doubt it is trigger related. If I had to guess I would say it is something to do with you personally rather than the map (either your PC or game files). If not, then probably the map got corrupted somehow.
someone else hosted it without me and said it still went out of sync and its only after the certain trigger is activated so idk
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 21 February 2012 - 9:00 pm
Quote:
i guess there is no tech to change elite unique units back to non-elite then.
Can make one with modding, but not without.

Unless it is a spawning map, in which case just make a trigger create the elite version then change it back to the original spawn with activation triggers.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts