Suggestions: Revival of Age of Kings

mich

Posted 9 June 2014 - 8:30 pm
pvc5_ wrote:
make tourney, and put some new maps , and change ladders, aok ladders is gay

Why? All that you need are there already. We tried making tournies for AoK, but nobody shows up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 9 June 2014 - 9:08 pm
100% truth Danny.
Link | Reply | Quote
 pvc5_

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:28 pm
mich wrote:
Why? All that you need are there already. We tried making tournies for AoK, but nobody shows up.
im never hear about aok tourney , last one was in last summer , if u men make tourney im sure that good number will play :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:48 am
pretty simple solution

find out what makes players play on gr
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 11 June 2014 - 6:16 am
Barsta wrote:
pretty simple solution

find out what makes players play on gr

I'm sure you haven't or don't want to read the many pages of this thread to find that out lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]RockTheHouse

Posted 2 August 2014 - 5:28 am
on gr there is no lag ;) thats why they play on gr
Link | Reply | Quote
 BlindLamePriest

Edited 6 February 2016 - 6:12 am by BlindLamePriest
Make the 3.0 patch avail without binding people to the voobly client and you will see time with time people may come back to the good old Age of Kings. Make it as a userpatch for AoK, userpatch for AoC is also very popular.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 6 February 2016 - 10:55 pm by _Hacks
Make the 3.0 patch avail without binding people to the voobly client and you will see time with time people may come back to the good old Age of Kings. Make it as a userpatch for AoK, userpatch for AoC is also very popular.
I like your idea, but i tried a lot. We are not sure that making an AOK Userpatch might solve its activity problem. During 2012 - 2015, I did a remake for the map pack with fixed scenario versions + 3-4 popular aok mod creators have done a lot for aok such as (2.0 features, advanced stats, custom rms mods, cba mods...) but nothing really changed. Therefore, if we get a group of players who are really willing to play AOK with its new userpatch, i am so ready to start making the patch. However, if it's just a prediction, i am out because it would be a waste of time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BlindLamePriest

Edited 7 February 2016 - 3:06 am by BlindLamePriest
People these days are to lazy to register an account, installing an client and required an online connection to play for get back into an game, i suggested to make an separate userpatch for aok because the way the userpatch for aoc went was brilliant, userpatch for aoc were / is easy to get and to install, there were no other requirements (beside owning the game).

I bet once people installed an userpatch for AoK and got back into the game - they start searching for online matches and take the effort to register an account and installing an client same as back in the zone days. The forums for advertise if such a patch is avail for the game are there, like aoczone, aok heavengames and voobly forums itself.

Maybe a poll would change something ? i remember before african kingdoms launched, people started to ask on reddit, in the steam forums and on the microsoft forums to include the age of kings data set able to be choosen on hd edition, actually its nostalgia time, a lot of games get remastered versions and people rebuy it, i think if voobly would bring an unbinding userpatch for aok it also would be good advertise for the voobly site and community itself.
Link | Reply | Quote
 dhiaislem

Posted 6 July 2022 - 12:17 am
hi aim froom 2022
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]zMaC

Posted 31 October 2022 - 1:04 pm
i miss europe and hero fest. whoever created cba and cba hero ruined the cs community

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678910[11]
Displaying 151 - 161 out of 161 posts