Squad Blood - Requesting Verification

_LC_ILLegal

Edited 27 February 2012 - 9:17 pm by [XceL]Donnie
Squad Blood!

Mapshot:

Map information:

Download link: [You must login to view link]

It is a 2v2v2v2 map, however you can play it with a minimum of 4 player.
The players can team up who ever and however they want to.

At the start:

You start with a small shop behinde your base, where you can buy a squad of units with 1 king.
You have 2 kings, you can use both kings on 1 squad or combine the units.

The units you start with: Men-at-arms, Scouts, Archers, or Spearmen

Every 300 kills you will upgrade from squad shop, going from Feudal age to Castle age to Imperial age units to heroes.. and all the way up to final unit Khan.

All the kills you and your teammate make are bundled together to count towards a team kills total.

In between squad shop upgrades, the game is bundled with kill rewards, including super units, techs, and more.

It has over 13,000 triggers, all written using LuaTrig.
If you are interested, you can check out [You must login to view link].

Question

I was wondering if this map could be checked and fixed to be a verified Voobly game map.

-Towards the end of the game a two-handed swordsman want to appear, but immediately dies. (for all players)

Didn't really get the time to fix that.

Credits

Scripter:

Impeached

Ideas:

_LC_ILLegal

Suggestions, testing, balancing, ect.:

_LC_ILLegal
Impeached
[Eot_]cHop1n_
RIP_Zanchy_
_HvS_IYIastA_
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 22 February 2012 - 7:18 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
13,000 triggers... good god. I opened this in the editor and it lagged like crazy. Anywho, if you're the map maker you'd be much better off fixing it yourself. Best of luck. My guess is maybe you exceed the hp limit which is why it dies right away but I know nothing about the map. I'm 100% Donnie doesn't go through all the triggers to make sure they're working correctly; that'd take forever. rofl However, maybe he would since it's a specific problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_ILLegal

Edited 22 February 2012 - 7:37 pm by _LC_ILLegal
Thanks for your feedback mate :)
We will fix the problem shortly.. We just want it as a rate blood game :)
It has had alot of great feedback on other communities.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Impeached

Edited 22 February 2012 - 8:02 pm by Impeached
I'll fix the bug with the ths sometime, maybe this weekend. just needs a little more testing on my end

illegal helped me flesh out the concept for the map and test it, and I did the scripting. Without illegal i never would have gone to the trouble to actually make the map, he was a big help with ideas.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 22 February 2012 - 8:18 pm
Impeached wrote:
I'll fix the bug with the ths sometime, maybe this weekend. just needs a little more testing on my end

illegal helped me flesh out the concept for the map and test it, and I did the scripting. Without illegal i never would have gone to the trouble to actually make the map, he was a big help with ideas.

Please fix it asap so Donnie doesn't have an excuse not to update the map pack. Donnie please update it soon. =) A date would be nice.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 22 February 2012 - 8:30 pm
It's a very fun map. Interesting gameplay and well balanced :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Cloud9_K

Posted 22 February 2012 - 8:38 pm
Have to admit the map does look good. im not a massive blood player but this looks like the sort of map that would help people get into the blood style of games. very good map please make it so its rated so people will start playing it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_ILLegal

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:05 pm
Thank you all for the kind feedback!
I have updated the post with credits.. so people know who were involved in making this awesome map!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:11 pm
Get it rated so we can start point whoring :@
Link | Reply | Quote
 Impeached

Edited 26 February 2012 - 4:18 pm by Impeached
updated [You must login to view link]

The two-handed instantly dying may not be a bug but a feature ;bleh

Everything else works, just tested it.

I also added a kill rewards list to Scouts page in objectives, looks like this:
Code:
* 0 Kills >> 2 Greedy Genitours * 50 Kills >> Scale Mail Armor * 100 Kills >> Scale Barding Armor * 150 Kills >> 3 Sassy Sheriffs * 200 Kills >> Padded Archer Armor * 250 Kills >> Fletching * 300 Kills >> Upgrade to Shop #2 * 360 Kills >> Forging * 410 Kills >> Masonry * 450 Kills >> Chain Mail Armor * 530 Kills >> 2 Hunky Huskarls * 590 Kills >> Chain Barding Armor * 600 Kills >> 4 Hairy Hussars * 650 Kills >> Leather Armor Armor * 710 Kills >> Upgrade to Shop #3 * 780 Kills >> Bodkin Arrow * 800 Kills >> 4 Pickled Petards * 850 Kills >> Iron Casting * 920 Kills >> 6 Sumo Scorpions * 990 Kills >> Plate Mail Armor * 1060 Kills >> Plate Barding Armor * 1130 Kills >> Upgrade to Shop #4 * 1200 Kills >> 2 Eeeek! Eagles * 1210 Kills >> Ring Archer Armor * 1290 Kills >> Blast Furnace * 1370 Kills >> 2 Funny Fishers * 1450 Kills >> Bracer * 1530 Kills >> Husbandry * 1610 Kills >> Upgrade to Shop #5 * 1690 Kills >> Squires * 1750 Kills >> 6 Manly Militia * 1770 Kills >> Chemistry * 1900 Kills >> 4 Wistful Wild Women * 1950 Kills >> Upgrade to Shop #6 * 2050 Kills >> 1 Tundry Two-Hand * 2060 Kills >> Bloodlines * 2150 Kills >> Thumb Ring * 2300 Kills >> 1 Old Onager * 2350 Kills >> Upgrade to Shop #7 * 2450 Kills >> 7 Wacky Woads * 2900 Kills >> Upgrade to Shop #8
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Lord

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:13 pm
i've played this before and it RoX Rate it! Gj. :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:28 pm
pretty good map I must say.. I just dont agree with having those kings so early.. and when you get kings you get like 4 of them you can use a few mins into the game.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts