TDII

BaB_LU

Edited 2 July 2013 - 3:12 pm by BaB_LU
It is easy to balance the game by just fixing byz bonus and creating a mirror option .Mirror makes pros and cons one each side depending on civ
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 3 July 2013 - 12:08 am
Quote:
Alright gonna try.. But only got some basic knowledge about mapcreating and no idea how to edit mods..
Do you use skype or msn ?
Oh, i'm not sure if i'll be able to teach you modding from scratch =/
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]SugarRush

Posted 3 July 2013 - 8:00 pm
Thought I made it clear in the first post that I have no clue about it haha... so your response made me think it's fast to learn.
Anywho I'll try to look into the map in the next few days and see if I can edit it.. I usualy pick things up fast, will let you know if I manage to do it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Posted 5 July 2013 - 3:33 am
Best adjustment imo would be to take away two of the ram levels and replace them with units that have extremely high melee armour that axe towers would not do well against. Which would force players to spam more than axe towers.
Example - Lvl 37 - +200 Melee armour 0 Range armour unit
- Lvl 38 - Seige Rams
- Lvl 39 - +200 Melee armour 50 Range Armour Unit
- Lvl 40 - Mega Rams

If you want to completely change the techs you should just make the team adjustments partial bonuses instead of full bonus. Example Persians would get double ele speed but allies would get 50% ele speed or something like that.

Like already mentioned some civs bonus are pretty useless in current game structure.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 7 July 2013 - 10:09 am
Or maybe just make axe towers worse? defies the purpose of the axe tower if the rams were to have melee armour.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Posted 7 July 2013 - 9:56 pm
How to make them worse? You could take away one of the speed techs but idk how viable a solution that is.
My point is that there is no unit in the game that axe towers are weak against so adding a couple levels would really change the gameplay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 8 July 2013 - 7:20 am
Yeah taking away one or two speed techs would do it. Or could increase the build time or build cost. Idea behind them was to make them weak against everything in general but good vs high armoured units in comparison to regular towers. Increasing the build time or build cost wont make them any cheaper but it would make other towers more appealing as alternatives.

But perhaps a better way to do it is to make the levels before rams harder so features like faster arrows etc are needed rather than everyone spending the game preparing for rams.
Link | Reply | Quote
 phat_nice

Posted 9 August 2013 - 9:36 pm
Any bugs will be solved soon?
Link | Reply | Quote
 phat_nice

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:00 pm
Byzantine should have bonus fixed
Link | Reply | Quote
 Robin06

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:20 am
Some News?
Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Rectum_Ranger_

Posted 28 September 2013 - 4:54 pm
Chu ko Nus in 1.0c pierce ram armour, why not make Chu Ko Nu towers pierce ram armor also. It would add an option in end game so all wouldn't go Axe Towers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]SugarRush

Posted 30 September 2013 - 4:57 pm
Okay I got into the mod stuff and I'll start working to improve the map and remove bugs. I'll create a new thread for a better overview on the project.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['J']Wonder_Woman

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:18 pm
japanese and frank bonuses dont work either
Bonus works
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 16 July 2018 - 4:56 am
We really need a full tutorial thread for this map, so we can promote it to new players...
Link | Reply | Quote
 CIntZ

Posted 21 August 2018 - 3:26 pm
A quick easy guide for newbies to this map:

You must learn the civs bonus'. Apart from this there is not much to learn about this map(apart from strategy :P).

The first 9 seconds everyone is idle, and this gives you time to press alt + d (Chat settings) and see what civs you are playing with. (99% of people want to play team random civs, this makes an even but unpredictable game)

When you know your civs, plan how to build an economy. Also use the market on the 9th second(Ctrl+M/or u have custom) to trade resources, mostly sell stone buy wood, but not always. This map is all about return of investment and villager management.

Each age has a separate trade unit from each trade place (Market, Dock, Sky Trade). Gold return for higher age trades is much better. Learn more about trades here : https://www.voobly.com/files/gamemod/41528401/TDII_V3_trade.png

Forage with your team to earn bonus' early if required, or the powerful Wallace trade unit, which can be upgraded with gold (The best unit to forage when you have already enough trade to upgrade it , or you have turks)

A 'Trap' must be built to stop dinosaurs which are the only unit that rush towards your tower and are very dangerous. Any game you play in multi player just watch your team mates and you'll see how its done. Noobs to this map often are asked to be the 'slinger' first which means they are only responsible for creating trade and slinging(basically chopping all game) This can give you time to learn the map and the strategies without pressure on them.

Try the map its fun, non micro-intense but heavily strategic dependent. Each game is different because of the different civ combinations.

Link | Reply | Quote
123456789101112131415161718[19]20
Displaying 271 - 285 out of 286 posts