Mod Idea - Remove Delete Feature

QuackQuackIvI_F

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:28 pm
I know nothing about modding except how to change player colors but having a mod that removed the delete feature would be great. It'd not only complement current anti-delete in scenarios but it'd also make scenarios that aren't delete proof able to be as an option.

Warning: This may make CBA Hero even more popular.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]ADDY

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:26 am
just answer this question
what if in cba i made stables for paladins to fight but when enemy grew stronger i want to use combination of archers+cavalry...and for that i need to delete stables....
OR
i made a building in a wrong place or in a wrong manner and i want to delete it so that it does not affect my number of buildings..

what will you do then?
Link | Reply | Quote
 QuackQuackIvI_F

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:32 am
look into how monuments work if you're going to try.

I'm not. It's just an idea. =)
[DZ]ADDY wrote:
just answer this question
what if in cba i made stables for paladins to fight but when enemy grew stronger i want to use combination of archers+cavalry...and for that i need to delete stables....
OR
i made a building in a wrong place or in a wrong manner and i want to delete it so that it does not affect my number of buildings..

what will you do then?

This is why it'd be a mod... it'd be optional. And yes, when active it'd force you to make sure you build things in the right place/plan ahead.

Maybe a better option would be to just disable the delete key being bound to deleting units and you'd have to go the skull route (I'm not sure if this is there for buildings though).
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Mau5_RTK

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:36 am
Problem with this..

In CBA

You wall your base because someone is coming to attack you. You wall completely all the way across, and then u delete one small hole and make a gate.

Youd screw urself lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 king_vanthom

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:57 am
The idea is good but it wouldnt work for everything the solution make only certain things undeletable.
Link | Reply | Quote
 QuackQuackIvI_F

Edited 14 April 2012 - 1:49 am by QuackQuackIvI_F
The idea is good but it wouldnt work for everything the solution make only certain things undeletable.

If the whole CBA gate deleting thing is the only issue a new version of CBA could be released with any bug fixes that'd automatically remove wall there for you after it was built.

Actually I think this would be an issue in RCB too since you delete the wall in the back to remove haystacks in the base. Walls don't count as razes though so it wouldn't matter if people could delete them.

What else wouldn't it work with?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 14 April 2012 - 2:01 am
I briefly looked into this in the past but it didn't seem possible. The moment you made the sheep not convert to the other players you could also delete it. Only alternative to that method would be making it non-selectable, but that would mean you couldn't attack it unless the units automatically attacked it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 QuackQuackIvI_F

Posted 14 April 2012 - 2:09 am
Rambit wrote:
I briefly looked into this in the past but it didn't seem possible. The moment you made the sheep not convert to the other players you could also delete it. Only alternative to that method would be making it non-selectable, but that would mean you couldn't attack it unless the units automatically attacked it.

What you described doesn't really seem like a mod more of something you'd add to all scenarios... I'm talking about making the delete key not work and possibly removing the skeleton head method too. Maybe we're on the same page but yeah I know only how to mod one thing.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts