Age of Mythology Reborn

BaB_LU

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:12 pm
;doofy ;yahoo i love AOM campaigns and i completed AOM and AOT titans i love them very much ,,,,.......... i shocked to see AOM at voobly ...........but very few ppl play AOM and i was very much attracted towards AOC than AOm...... im really getting pissed of AOC these day and i love to start AOM :) it would be a great fun in playing AOM<3
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:28 pm
Growing the aom/aot community is always a good idea and something that should be attempted.
The topic always comes up for a few days and then it fades out. That is what we need to change.

As you saw in the lobby, scenario players don't get much love from the high ranked supremacy players...
Attitude needs to change too. We're playing the same game people, don't make players leave because they don't think like you do.

So back on topic : gathering NEW players shouldn't be the first thing we ought to attempt.
There is a huge player base currently on a different server, game_r@nger (damn voobly filter).
Somehow we need to convince the population over there that voobly is the superior server.
I'd assume that the voobly owners don't have the options to merge with game_r@nger, since they support so many games. Our only option is to personally convince those people. Either one on one, or on forums, or rather both.

Our clan, Bo0T, was formed on game_r@nger, and we brought a lot of players here. Some are using voobly a lot, others unfortunately stuck there with us having no influence over them.

I myself can provide with deathmatch training for basically anyone who's willing to learn.
So if someone is interested, pm me.

steakmittens : you should repost this topic here : [You must login to view link]

Lots of players there too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 steakmittens

Posted 19 May 2012 - 3:27 am
Thanks guys, glad to see so much support. I will do my best to bring more players from game ranger to voobly. I will also check out ESO, cause apprently people still play there. I also think that it would be a good to attract people too the online community. Like people who don\t play online at all, through like youtube videos, because that's how I joined voobly. Zeroempiers is a very popular AOC youtuber, and already he has started to diversify by playing AOM campaign videos. I'll talk to him then and will see if might want to do more, like videos of scenarios or something. I think though that if we focus on scenarios we can attract alot of AOC players, cause it's similiar style of play but better scenarios. Yet since many AOM players are supremacy and death match, I'll talk to zoet (moderator) and see if we can start a new lobby for AOM scenarios
Link | Reply | Quote
 steakmittens

Posted 19 May 2012 - 3:59 am
Left a long comment on gameranger to generate discussion on combining our two communities, and what voobly needs to do to please gameranger players. See it all here [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 19 May 2012 - 4:11 am
I would love to help all i can.... right now, the majority of my time is tied up with this summer's league/ tournament. So all i can do is encourage and maybe add in some constructive encouragement and such on the various youtube/forum posts.
Link | Reply | Quote
 White_Devil

Posted 19 May 2012 - 7:53 pm
+1000 for AOM
Link | Reply | Quote
 steakmittens

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:06 pm
Yes, now unfrotuntaly, no one's reading my post in the game ranger forum. Had a little bit of a discussion going but the one guy stopped responding. Anyway, I plan on writing in another forum that apparently more gamranger players use. Unfortunalty though, i can't make posts till 7 days after signing up, so it'll be a little more of a wait. When I do I'll let you guys know what kind of repsonse i get. Also, while I still dont have my game and thus the scenarios, you can download all the sceanrios or just check them out at AOM hevan ([You must login to view link]). With that being said, i just learned you can download the game via tourent, which I plan to now do :). It'll take some time but when I doi'll post here and then then i'll start adding the scenarios into ciruculation. I have recently talked about added another lobby just for scenarios for AOM, but it's debatable given the amount of players online. We will keep trying though. Thanks guys
Link | Reply | Quote
 steakmittens

Edited 21 May 2012 - 11:31 pm by steakmittens
WHEN I SAY AOM I REFER TO AOT, TT (AGE OF MYTHOLOGY THE TITANS) JUST TO LET EVERYONE NOW :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:38 pm
when i say aom, i mean aom lol, not aot
Link | Reply | Quote
 steakmittens

Posted 22 May 2012 - 4:33 am
Well AOM would be for supremacy and deathmatch player, cause I understand that AOT is unbalaced. As for scenarios though I have talked to the moderators and they have considered the possibilty of setting up a lobby just for scenarios in AOT. But they would need enough people. In the next upcoming week I'm going to showcase some scenarios (download from ESO or Aomhevan). Then I later start a paticition for another lobby in AOT just for scenarios. If it gets enough support I'm sure it'll get created :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 22 May 2012 - 7:23 am
if you're reading this, and you like to play scenarios for aom/aot, send a pm to steakmittens
Link | Reply | Quote
 steakmittens

Posted 19 June 2012 - 2:03 am
HELLO EVERYONE!!! Sorry I haven't responded in a while, but I want you to all know I haven't given up on this plan. Finally, I now have a copy of AOM after a painful month of waiting for it in the mail (after buying it online). But no matter it's here, so things are good. Since I have the game now I feel that it's time to begin this project, here's how it will work. Every couple of days so I will start a new thread about a specific scenario that I'm showcasing. Within the thread I will post details about the scenario, how it is played and such. I will also include details on how to download (I will do so from AOMhevan online where there are many scenarios free for download). After creating the thread I will also host games within the AOT lobby, where players can download the scenario and try it for themselves. I know things are starting fairly basic but I hope that adventually (ideally) i might get a youtube channel or just a streaming account where I can also showcase the scenario via video. Also, if you guys want to help out please message below. It would be great if others could host games of the scenario so it could be introduced better (seeing as I can't be online forever). Anyway i finish up school this thursday morning, so I'm hoping to have this up either thursday or friday afternoon. Hope you guys are excited :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 steakmittens

Posted 19 June 2012 - 2:37 am
Please comment if there are any scenarios or maybe types of scenarios that you want to be showcased :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OB_]BoIt

Posted 19 June 2012 - 5:40 am
Hi Steakmittens,

I really love what you are trying to do here. Scenarios were the first thing that most of us started with when we played AoM. I still remember the hours I spent playing games like Tiny, World Map, Cat and Mouse, Escapes, Zelda, Riv Civ... The list goes on. I even made a few scenarios myself and I am always here to support ideas which have the potential to boost activity on this game.
I don't really have the time to create another series to delve into scenarios unfortunately... I hardly get enough time to stream what I do now... but if you have something which you're interested in doing be sure to keep me in the loop because if I find the time I'd be more than willing to help out.

Regards,
BoIt
Link | Reply | Quote
 AoL_Iron_maiden

Posted 20 June 2012 - 6:14 am
hey steakmittens :)
good to see you're back!

keep me in the loop too!!!
(btw, how's your petition going? :) )

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 35 posts