Volcanic Blood

king_vanthom

Edited 24 May 2012 - 4:00 am by king_vanthom
After about a week now I have finally finished the beta version of my mod and scenario.
The scenario I call Volcanic Blood.
The mod is called Volcanic Mod until a better name is found.

I will start off with the mod.
Volcanic makes all ships have the ability to travel on land and sea.
I also changed the data of the monks and monk ships so that you can now patrol with them. Useful for random maps. Also ABGAL(the monk ship) is now creatable via docks. Sea towers and walls are also now available in the editor.
For the graphics
Two of the mountains are now volcano's,craters are lava craters, cracks,lava cracks. One of the grass is ash, medium water is lava.
All the slp graphics files were borrowed from aok heaven.

Learn how to Install mods here

The scenario a smosh based map consists of the following accumulations upon kills.
Quote:
100 kills-tech
200 kills- galley
200-war galley
300-galleon
400-fast fire ship
500-longboat
600-elite longboat
700-Cannon galleon
800-Elite cannon Galleon
900- Turtle Ship
1000-Elite Turtle Ship

100-fletching
350-bracer
550-chemistry
650-balistics

And razes
Quote:
1- Dry Docks
2- Spies
3- Demo Ships(2)
4- Demo Ships(3)
5- Heavy Demo Ships(2)
6- Heavy Demo Ships(3)

Now please note this is only the beta version of both the MOD and the SCENARIO.
I look forward for your input and will be updating these with more triggers or data entries soon.
Give me some ideas!

More Screenshots
You must login into Voobly to view image

You must login into Voobly to view image

Mod- Updated [You must login to view link] Make sure to install to C:\Program Files\Voobly\gamedata\aoc\mods *

Scenario- [You must login to view link] **
Files were updated Wed May 23 at 8:54
*Unless your voobly is under another drive destination then make sure it is your drive letter e.g E:\\Voobly\gamedata\aoc\mods

** Place the scenario in your age of empires Scenario Folder
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 24 May 2012 - 9:11 am
I think you need to increase the attack of the ships or decrease the HP. Traditionally ship bloods have been too slow because ships are high in hp and armour and low on attack.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 24 May 2012 - 6:02 pm
Ships usually lagg scenarios, just saying. Looks like a nice and unique map though!
Link | Reply | Quote
 king_vanthom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:42 pm
Thanks for the suggestion Rambit I think I will do that, also Basse thanks for your imput as well, the map I created has as little as possible triggers to take the lag into effect. So far all the tests have not had any lag issues..
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:49 pm
Thanks for the suggestion Rambit I think I will do that, also Basse thanks for your imput as well, the map I created has as little as possible triggers to take the lag into effect. So far all the tests have not had any lag issues..

Nice! There are only some triggers causing more lagg than others (specifically Task Object and Tribute can cause lagg, unless you do silent tribute). I remember playing a water map and there were 200+ ships moving at same time and it lagged a lot! But with 200 land units it worked fine :p
Link | Reply | Quote
 king_vanthom

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:04 am
Well I will keep that in mind while i edit what rambit suggested. Because the faster ships die off the faster they will spawn which might cause lag. So I will try to find a happy middle. Otherwise the units are set to stop spawning at 40, and since ships are fairly big already 40 seems like plenty.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:04 am
Personally I never factor in triggers as a cause of lag. I just try and keep the unit number to a reasonable amount and I don't have any issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:48 am
Rambit wrote:
Personally I never factor in triggers as a cause of lag. I just try and keep the unit number to a reasonable amount and I don't have any issues.

Yeah, that's true! But messages spam may cause lagg, as well as tasking units. A task object effect without any objects moving won't lagg :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:28 pm
sounds intresting
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:15 am
Quote:
sounds intresting

I think its legit i actually liked playing it, but idk if everyone else will agree :S
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Edited 21 December 2012 - 11:30 pm by Rambit
Can you please decrease the file size of this mod. If you are adding graphics please add them to the gamedata_x1_p1.drs file rather than the graphics.drs, terrain.drs or interface.drs file so you don't have to send people graphics they already have.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts