Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Custom Scenario > Mod Design > 3x Technologies / Civilization Bonusses MOD V2.0 UPDATE

3x Technologies / Civilization Bonusses MOD V2.0 UPDATE

Poll: Do you like this mod?
Yes it's great!
Nice mod
Needs Improvement, can be better
Boring
Bad
 Taichi_San

Edited 14 September 2012 - 4:30 pm by Taichi_San
Hi people,

After a long time, I finally decided to improve my 3x Technologies / Civilization Bonusses MOD:
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/63591 (original thread)

This gamemod makes you able to research all technologies 3 times making your entire empire stronger and add much more extreme gameplay and more new strategies to redo all maps and campaigns on a way you've never played them before. Civilization and team bonuses are also multiplied
After the previous version of my mod got launched, I got alot of compliments, but also negative ones mostly about that you had to upgrade units 3 times what annoyed most peoples.

I have finally updated my mod with several bugfixes, removed all duplicate unit upgrades and unnecessary techs duplicates like cartography or redemption.

version overview: 2.0, Sep 2012
Trippled Technologies MOD by Taichi_San Aka Alexandra R. (C)(2012)

This is version 2 of my mod with improvement and the first fixes, I might upload variations to this mod at later times
Common Issues are that all unit upgrades had to be researched 3 times too while not being necessary.
I tried to remove all duplicate unit upgrades, if you still find any, please contact me on voobly under the name Taichi_San.

Less known and unknown issues are that some team bonusses, tech bonusses that have preset values were skipped and not trippled.
There are also some technologies like carthography, which effects don't have to be multiplied, these techs have also all duplicates removed.
Here below is an total list of fixes and some techs have been balanced to 2x instead of 3x to prevent too extreme outbalancing effects like chinese techs almost
cost nothing and maya resources last forever.
Stats bonusses like fast mongol siege, ultra french paladin have ofc been left in tact.

Removed Duplicate Technologies that had no point of being there 3x:
- Coinage
- Cartography
- Banking
- Ballistics
- Fortified Wall
- Guard Tower / Keep
- Bombard Tower
- Murder Holes
- Feudal / Castle / Imperial Age
- Spies / Treason
- Heresy
- Theocracy
- Atonement
- Redemption
- Anarchy

Removed Duplicate Unit Upgrades that had no point of being there 3x

Rebalanced / Improved / Fixed missing or defect effects that were forgotten:
- Aztec Teambonus: Relics now generate more gold (improved to 2x, not 3x, to keep Game balance)
- Aztec: Garland Wars Technology research times reduced to 2x
- Britons: Archer Range Bonus in castle and imperial age reduced from 3 to 2 times
- Britons: Teambonus Improved to 2x (40% Archery Range Unit Creation Speed)
- Byzantine: Building HP Bonus for Castle- and Imperial age reduced from 3x to 2x for game balance and prevent buildings being automatically destroyed because of over 32K hp
- Byzantine: Team Bonus monk healing speed improved from 50 to 75%
- Chinese: Town Center Population support bonus 3x (from 10 to 20)
- Chinese: Research Discount improved from 10, 15, 20% to 20, 25, 30%
- Goths: Perfusion Technology research times reduced to 2x
- japanese: Kataparuto Technology research times reduced to 2x
- Mayans: Civ Bonus of Resources lasting 20% longer increased to 40% longer
- Mongols: Drill Technology research times reduced to 2x
- Persians: Mahouts Technology research times reduced to 2x
- Persians: Bonus starting food and wood increased from 50 to 150
- Spanish: Building Speed bonus improved from 30 to 60%

If you got suggestions, bug reports or questions, contact me at voobly or age of kings heaven

Newest download link, provided with installer that automatically installs to the right location (thanks to rambit)
[You must login to view link]

Old download link to the newest version of my mod: (rar, no installer yet)(for manual installation)
[You must login to view link]

Enjoy, please post your comments, thoughts and ideas, meanwhile I try to turn my mod into an official installer
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 14 September 2012 - 1:38 am
Looks good, I will look into promoting it in terms of a tournament or similar.

Here is a guide on making an installer: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/315/Making-a-Custom-Installer
Link | Reply | Quote
 Taichi_San

Edited 14 September 2012 - 4:31 pm by Taichi_San
Oh I solved the installer issue, thanks I have an newer version of winrar which had the sfx options moved to another place, and not after clicking the sfx checkbox

I have created the installer, enjoy peoples!

Rambit, can you please also make the installer work on voobly?
Means when you dont have the mod you get an questionbox to install it from the voobly servers but it never works
This would make my mod 100% legit and alot more people would install it instead from a public site
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dreamer4

Posted 11 February 2013 - 8:48 am
Is this mod applicable in voobly ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:04 pm
Yes, it is listed here: http://www.voobly.com/games/view/Age-of-Empires-II-The-Conquerors/Game-Mods
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]I3en

Posted 30 April 2013 - 5:17 pm
It's awesome ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 Snovax

Posted 20 May 2013 - 3:00 am
Nice! I think I'll try this mod, but i want to ask something can I use multiple mods at same time?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Azery_Noob

Posted 9 July 2013 - 4:18 am
IMO, this is a very bad mod. It makes games not fair. For the players who receive the good civ and good civ bonus, this mod triples the civ advantage. Also, the better players have huge advantages and slower players can't catch up.

Bad, bad and bad. This gives the point **** even more weapons to run the points up.

Get rid of it, or do not play it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 16 July 2013 - 6:00 am
Letting this be Rated makes it bad.
Link | Reply | Quote
 InstaAoC

Edited 27 August 2013 - 5:59 pm by InstaAoC
I have already played Triple Tech Mode sometimes and what I can say about this mod is that it is very boring. It gets boring because it takes too much time to match ends as Bombard Towers can destroy units and Siege Rams from far, so the safest way to penetrat enemy's base is by building Bombard Towers from your base forward the enemy you want to destroy. I like to play Triple Tech Mode ocasionally, but most of the times I prefer the normal CBA.

Plus, Triple Tech Mode is naturally unbalanced though all the fixes that have been done. Ranged units will ever have a huge advantage over infantary and calvary, not because of power, but because of range that weaken any infantary/calvary army and makes nearly impossible to reach them.

If a normal CBA match with average players, it usually takes around 40 minutes to match ends, in Triple Tech Mode this can exceed an hour.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 1 September 2013 - 2:33 am
Justin wrote:
i suggest mongols be reduced. mongols dont need 3x range + 3x bloodlines. makes them too strong

i suggest triple to be removed from rated gameplay
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 1 September 2013 - 12:46 pm
Justin wrote:
i have suggested it as well

suggesting ain't enough
Link | Reply | Quote
 Carnage

Posted 1 September 2013 - 4:41 pm
Just fix mongols they are too strong. Japs too.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts