Why is the 10th legion map considered so good yet very few play it?

_Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 25 January 2013 - 7:09 pm
Someone explain this to me...

I was asked to try and fix lag in the map along with some bugs but I'm also going to add anti-delete. I'd like to know more about the gameplay though to get motivation to update it/maybe start playing it/possibly incorporate some of it into future RCB Gold versions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 27 January 2013 - 3:03 am
theres a lot of triggers missing on that map to stop cheap gameplay other then anti delete, like king blocking, crashing from too many buildings (maybe units too), maybe spawn blocking etc. plus it probably has bugs that would be hard to notice, only single hero spawn, no spawn location selector...
If anything, I would suggest taking your map and changing the features to be the same as 10th. From what I remember that map is alright, different gameplay with the buyable ap for the hero spawn. IMO the bad part is the castle near the front gate, gives archers too much advantage. I think ppl mostly only like that map because they used to only play it on Gamespy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BalaaM_]CaNeK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 4:09 am
also nobody play it :S dont waste ur time
Link | Reply | Quote
 NicKeL_

Posted 27 January 2013 - 4:28 am
honestly with the community in voobly RCB players mostly aren't very good. rcb is easier i guess. i like 10th legion cb much better because although its a very repetitive map, a good 2v2v2v2 game is ridiculously fun. I remember the gamespy days when we would play it all the time and i loved those games more than rcb. However nobody has fixed a large variety of bugs on the map and therefore people don't want to risk loosing points to cheaters
Link | Reply | Quote
 Franz_Bonaparta

Posted 27 January 2013 - 4:37 am
It's played, but the map crash too much. That's the reason lagg no much, crash of course.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NicKeL_

Posted 27 January 2013 - 4:45 am
Code:
It's played, but the map crash too much. That's the reason lagg no much, crash of course.
it crashes just as much as rambit
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 5:22 am
Problem is voobly wants to play constant FFA rambit games which totally unbalances the map. Same thing in 10th If it is played teams its an amazing map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 27 January 2013 - 5:22 am
Don't know even why is called 10th Legion Castle Blood when all that P1ngu did was work in a RCB map. So lame.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 27 January 2013 - 5:34 am
Problem is voobly wants to play constant FFA rambit games which totally unbalances the map. Same thing in 10th If it is played teams its an amazing map.

i like team games too but one or two teams always get a very big advantage in team games if they get the right civ...in ffa its really open for anyone to win.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 27 January 2013 - 5:44 am
Quote:
i like team games too but one or two teams always get a very big advantage in team games if they get the right civ...in ffa its really open for anyone to win.
Just the opposite in ffa if you have a bad civ beside a good civ your GG, in a team game you have your ally to balance it out and even the odds.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 27 January 2013 - 7:02 am
Just the opposite in ffa if you have a bad civ beside a good civ your GG, in a team game you have your ally to balance it out and even the odds.
probably. They both have their merits but in ffa you still have a better chance of surviving by focusing on the middle towers and let the other player get all the razes at the cross(this actually works pretty well).

or it might be just that i am a really bad team player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 3 February 2013 - 2:40 am
[Eot_]DJ wrote:
Don't know even why is called 10th Legion Castle Blood when all that P1ngu did was work in a RCB map. So lame.
very true. when they named it 10th, i thought that was ****ed too. few changes and they claim the map as their own, just arrogant and disrespectful. I was surprised voobly (or maybe IGZ at the time) allowed it. they should call it RCB 10th or something instead.
also true. just think of it to the extremes, with more people on your team, the better the chances the civs will be even. whereas ffa is virtually 1v1 and theres more chance it will be one sided. personally, I like 2v2v2v2 better because of the added strategy of which person on your team you help get kings for first, and getting full razes, and which hero to chose depending on what your partner will potentially get.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 3 February 2013 - 3:10 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
very true. when they named it 10th, i thought that was ****ed too. few changes and they claim the map as their own, just arrogant and disrespectful. I was surprised voobly (or maybe IGZ at the time) allowed it. they should call it RCB 10th or something instead.

also true. just think of it to the extremes, with more people on your team, the better the chances the civs will be even. whereas ffa is virtually 1v1 and theres more chance it will be one sided. personally, I like 2v2v2v2 better because of the added strategy of which person on your team you help get kings for first, and getting full razes, and which hero to chose depending on what your partner will potentially get.

I shall name RCB 2013: "Weapon's new almighty super awesome, death defying, kick-ass map w/help from Is_this_my_name."

I'm probably not going to touch the 10th map like you suggested if I do anything... I do admit having a secondary map with buyable hp/ap would be fun but it'd need to be balanced and I have no clue if the 10th map is currently.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 3 February 2013 - 5:31 am
I shall name RCB 2013: "Weapon's new almighty super awesome, death defying, kick-ass map w/help from Is_this_my_name."

I'm probably not going to touch the 10th map like you suggested if I do anything... I do admit having a secondary map with buyable hp/ap would be fun but it'd need to be balanced and I have no clue if the 10th map is currently.

I used to play 10th's map in GSA, and as far as I remember it was fair enough and fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Edited 6 February 2013 - 8:25 pm by Is_this_my_name
Quote:
I LIKE IT! sounds good. i guess you could make it short-form as WNASADDK-AMWHFI, but that would probably be unnecessary.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 24 posts