Why is the 10th legion map considered so good yet very few play it?

ComBoT

Posted 23 March 2013 - 1:02 pm
i think that if you want to improve 10th map you have just to add some features, like king blocking 2 spawn and the location to spawn...etcc.....then you must change the name of the map cuz mostly of rcb players don't even know that 10th is a 'different' version of rcb. Actually when i/friends hosted this map other players said at start of the game "what's this" and then resign.....so the main problem is the name xD ( obv in my opinion)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 23 March 2013 - 1:39 pm
well imo the new rcb sucks balls, changed far too much and it's crap for 1v1, 10th is gr8 n fun, v fair, rcb is not v fair still, in terms of civs, also 10th is played and as someone mentioned the rcb community in general now aren't v skilled so ..... 10th being a more basic map, better probs
Link | Reply | Quote
 ComBoT

Edited 23 March 2013 - 1:51 pm by ComBoT
well imo the new rcb sucks balls, changed far too much and it's crap for 1v1, 10th is gr8 n fun, v fair, rcb is not v fair still, in terms of civs, also 10th is played and as someone mentioned the rcb community in general now aren't v skilled so ..... 10th being a more basic map, better probs
+1

p.s. gaychy noob ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Knuckle_Head

Posted 23 March 2013 - 1:55 pm
I believe 10th map is better becuase there are no cheap wins. There are no silly heros like beli, or william that allow somone to camp and steal a victory. You are forced to fight if you want to win. This alone makes the game much more fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ComBoT

Posted 3 May 2013 - 12:30 pm
I think that 10th map requires more skill than rcb which make it less played, also cheap heroes aren't in the map and about the castle in front the gate doesn't make range civs too powerful bcuz those civilizations get less starting kings...
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 3 May 2013 - 2:02 pm
Subo 6, Martel 7 kings up top... Robin 5, Charle 4. Even if you get kings slower with no center bombard that's just not balanced => takes less skill from my pov.

Anyways, this is back when I was thinking about adding anti-delete, working on the lag in the map, fixing towers in mid... but I'm not going to.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ComBoT

Posted 3 May 2013 - 7:06 pm
Just think abot the heroes that aren't in 10th but which are in rcb! For example william is a good units which can create wonderfull tactics but if you see it from a diff pov players who take this are losing so it's a cheap win !
Link | Reply | Quote
 Z__Noob__

Posted 27 May 2013 - 2:56 am
Subo 6, Martel 7 kings up top... Robin 5, Charle 4. Even if you get kings slower with no center bombard that's just not balanced => takes less skill from my pov.

Anyways, this is back when I was thinking about adding anti-delete, working on the lag in the map, fixing towers in mid... but I'm not going to.

well charle doesn't exist in 10th, so scrap your 4,
the hereos are so low to balance the civs, rcb civs are simply not balanced still, 10th is a different kind of map with many different possibilities of endings. in 10th hereos may be stolen early, but with legions fury, boat (which can transfer ur 30k, 2kap spawn hero), harold, global, bla bla all extra features middle power up isnt the only fking option .......

10th is a much more competative map in terms of tg, its fairly balanced,many win possibilities, hero early so lots of wars, no cheap hereos such as william/theo etc where u can get it, camp and win... very cheap, you're forced to fight to get kills and kings and hence a harder map where you can grab an early hero and your micro, gameplay and strategics can win you the game as appose to lucky civ and feeders, earlier hereos gives you the oppertunity to get them and stop feeders.... or feed for yourself, which is what the game is about afterall, who can utalise the food the best, id like to see 10th become the rated rcb, the only issue voobly/igz has had is that it loves ffa.. no idea why, tg are more fun, strategical and better... afterall communication is a vital aspect of alot of other cs maps.....................

and as a side note to people, [xKx]-Rambit-CB-Gold-[xKx] was taken in maybe 2008 and edited heavily to form 10th rcb by 10th_P1ngu who at the time was a well respected and experienced member of the rcb community, he named it (after fixing 100's of triggers, adding 100's and shaping the map into a more strategical and complex game) 10th Rambit Castle Blood - Which would be 10th RCB, 10th was his clan at the time... which i think is fair enough, when I, yes me zanchy in igz 2009 uploaded the map to the map pack, it was checked over by a mod and they uploaded it as 10th Legion Castle Blood because THEY deemed it a significantly different map to rcb gold ....... so blame the staff...... not the legacy of legendary gsa players where rcb was as big as cba/cba hero was there
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:45 am
In terms of taking aspects from 10th and putting them into the current gold style version:

What do you mean by stolen early? Can you actually steal heroes off someones spawn?

Legions fury takes the skill out of the map. I personally, consider it a "noob move" since it's pretty much a kamikaze attack on the person that goes mid and they have a minimal chance of recovering after the fact. (doesn't take much skill and all the skill that person used to get to mid is quickly trumpeted. Granted this may not have been skill but feeding and in that case people should just have other options to kill that person (i.e. william, theo, beli, super store units with transport).

I think being able to take the unit off spawn to kill someone is cheap too. Maybe if people couldn't hide it in with other units it'd be fine but otherwise that's pretty lame. 2k is way too much ap imo too.

I see cheap heroes not as making it competitive but less. Strong civs can simply progress faster and get a bigger lead and weaker ones can't do anything about it. Not to mention civs that would buy a villager/full castle would have less of a chance to do well with that strat especially if someone fed in the beginning.

Theo, William, and Beli add a different dynamic to the map and most of the time they can't camp to win and have to use the units to stop people from killing them. They add more to the complexity so it wouldn't simply be martel vs subo vs robin vs occasional other units...

You call the map harder but I just see it as more lucked based. Like I said above strong civs will just dominate via earlier hero. If you want it harder it needs to be more even and needs things like auto-balance at the "cross" and the undead bombard makes the beginning more even => more competitive => more hard too.

10th is a rated RCB version currently...

I believe ffa is harder since you have to beat 5-7 other players in strategy/gameplay to win. Team games due help correct some balance issues and anything in the map to help balance civs in ffa games (e.g. undead bombards) will be removed in the next map I make for team and 1v1 games.

Zanchy you should try RCB again once I finish the new map. =)

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 24 out of 24 posts