Reset DM Ladder

[MaJoR]_Kd

Posted 24 February 2013 - 3:44 pm
How long does it take to accomplish this?

We are losing more and more players day-by-day while mods sit back and do nothing.

Resetting the ladder will solve many problems and generate new competition as people fight for the top.

I am going to follow rank and quit AoC DM very, very soon if nothing is done. We have already seen the disappearance of many good and experienced players.

DO SOMETHING PLZ.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 24 February 2013 - 3:59 pm
Its nothing to do with voobly.
There was a big ****storm about adding rating decay to DM, this would be a whole lot worse lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Edited 25 February 2013 - 4:27 pm by Good
_IYIastA_ wrote:
Its nothing to do with voobly.
There was a big ****storm about adding rating decay to DM, this would be a whole lot worse lol.

What on earth are you talking about? Decay and Reset for DM had majority support from not only the whole Voobly community but the DM community by itself.
[MaJoR]_Kd wrote:
How long does it take to accomplish this?

Hopefully not long. I will *bump* the subject again within the staff.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 25 February 2013 - 4:27 pm
I must have missed that majority support. What's a majority in DM, two people?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 25 February 2013 - 4:41 pm
Good wrote:
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 25 February 2013 - 4:44 pm
That explains why I missed it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UL_King]Arthur

Edited 9 May 2013 - 9:58 am by [UL_King]Arthur
Did you reset the rated just because of this post? Umbelievable! I've been playing since 2002 in Zone Microsoft server and is the first time I see this kind of decision from a server staff. The best solution is give a GB. Ive never heard about this Sonicboom in my life. Does he have more power decision than DM players that have been playing the game for many years? I hope you can change your decision soon, not fair for players that dedicated a lot of time in voobly for having a descent rated.;thumbdown
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 9 May 2013 - 10:16 am
Did you reset the rated just because of this post? Umbelievable! I've been playing since 2002 in Zone Microsoft server and is the first time I see this kind of decision from a server staff. The best solution is give a GB. Ive never heard about this Sonicboom in my life. Does he have more power decision than DM players that have been playing the game for many years? I hope you can change your decision soon, not fair for players that dedicated a lot of time in voobly for having a descent rated.;thumbdown

Just to nip a few of these issues in the bud....
  • If you had been active at some points in the past 6 months you would have seen lots of announcements and links in the DM lobby pointing users to a poll/vote for the reset/introduction of decay system;
  • The reset was not in response to this thread;
  • The DM community voted collectively in favour of the reset/decay;
  • The changes in DM are comparable to that which happened earlier in the year in RM;
  • MSN Zone didn't support Age of Conquerors as a client for as long as IGZ/Voobly has supported it;
  • Sonicboom is MaJoR_Kd, one of the oldskool experts since before even your 2002 days;

Anyway, Voobly Committee (VCOM) are going to be hosting a DM tournament in the not too distant future, you could maybe take part in that... Also, I'm sure if you were worth your rating before the reset, you'll have no trouble earning it back ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UL_King]Arthur

Posted 10 May 2013 - 7:49 am
Good wrote:
Just to nip a few of these issues in the bud....
  • If you had been active at some points in the past 6 months you would have seen lots of announcements and links in the DM lobby pointing users to a poll/vote for the reset/introduction of decay system;
  • The reset was not in response to this thread;
  • The DM community voted collectively in favour of the reset/decay;
  • The changes in DM are comparable to that which happened earlier in the year in RM;
  • MSN Zone didn't support Age of Conquerors as a client for as long as IGZ/Voobly has supported it;
  • Sonicboom is MaJoR_Kd, one of the oldskool experts since before even your 2002 days;

Anyway, Voobly Committee (VCOM) are going to be hosting a DM tournament in the not too distant future, you could maybe take part in that... Also, I'm sure if you were worth your rating before the reset, you'll have no trouble earning it back ;)

Lets see if these changes work, thanks for your answer, now looks more clear and fair. I didnt know that Sonicboom was MaJoR_Kd. Time is going to decide if Vobbly staff took the right decision in this case.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts