I havn't played aoe3 for a while and wanted to start playing a few games here and then. So I went to install it on my laptop about 3-4 days ago and it worked fine. I managed to recover my password and then I went to install TAD. Nilla was working fine overall. When I went to install TAD I received an error missing:DLL or something like that. So I am guessing it is ether a cd scratch (which should not affect it much) or a faulty cd drive (which it installed a few days ago no problem). So after rebooting, and the installation failing again, I did a complete wipe of all aoe3 files and began by reinstalling aoe3 nilla. Funny part is, after a successful install, now it won't install. It cannot read the file sound\dialog\GENR5043.mp3. My first install I used express for nilla. A forum said try using custom and change file location, which I did, it made no difference. Can anyone help?

TL DR edit: CD won't read a file. Can someone give advise to fix this problem, or send me that file or even direct me to a non torrent site to download the file?

other solutions i thought of:
-Wipe free space, long and waste of time in my opinion, but it removes all "free space" aka potential aoe files on hdd.
-Use an external cd drive which I might have somewhere's.

p.s, I ran it a second time it it got stuck at GENR5000, 43 files less than previous. The nilla cd has no scratches whatsoever