Bloodsport (new map)

TwisT

Posted 8 September 2010 - 1:32 am
Hey guys

Those days iv been off from school, and mayb like most aoc scen players.. i was kinda bored with full cba thing..
Then i made a new blood. Well..i dont hope it striking CBA popularity, but i think its always good to have a new game option =D

Well, theres the map file [You must login to view link]

I need some players to test it out.. like all new maps, its full of bugs.
Plz have a check, i think you gona find it interesting

****TRY TEST IT WITH 8 PLAYERS IN 4X4 GOD****

Iv tested it before and some players approved.

Hm, there are many possibilities in this map.. i sincerely dont know whats the best start. "Reinforcements" seems to be the critical skill of the map.
Also I noted most games tends to finish with khans. Mayb Stacking Death Spell is needed to kill early in game, since spawn of level 3 or 4 is really fast.
Also, many games finished using Trebuchet.. so its a good idea to conquer the middle of the map.
I also see nobody uses King transfer, which can be a good strategy to warm up an ally and give him a early Reinforcements Lv3.

Hm.. You elite map designers are able to make proper changes in the map..but only experts heh

Its a simple map you gonna see.. Im not a map designer.. =)

o/
TwisT
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 8 September 2010 - 2:56 am
Nothing terribly new there, but I like it. Needs some balancing though. The rays need toned down and the towers need more HP. Reinforcements is obviously the best to get first, then probably blacksmith/acceleration.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TwisT

Edited 9 September 2010 - 5:33 am by TwisT
I will gather some friends to test it out, its hard to figure what needs to be balanced without playing

Thanks for the advices, Actually Death Spell is somehow weak against Lv3/4 Accels, so Im about add extra damage for mangudai that are in players base:

Its like "Map damage (10x or 20hpx dont remember)" + "Base damage 10hp" making worth of a sanctuary/Explosion to counter it - what is the main purpose of DS.

Well, You can get 8k hp as bricklayerlv3, i think its ok enough, didnt get your point garydude.

edit: some changes to do in 1,3:

-fix play sound bugs when playing with less 8 players (it shows defeated player sound at the start of the match)
-Nerf Pop limit to +5/+10/+20 (total 60, not 80 anymore)
-Spies will no longer be free, now you receive spies when you hit level 15.

Theres also a report that "player 6 receives unlimited kings" but the player didnt get further explanations. I didnt find the mistake (actually i didnt even figured out it)
Waiting more bugs come to release new version.

Edit2:
Actually, I dont have much time to work on. This map is not finished, i mean, not all features are added yet.
There are folowing skills and casts to be added:
-Hero (skill) - there are 3 kinds of hero (killer/tanker/cleric) which may be bought with king. You can use only one, others will be deactivated. Hero will level up according its skill level. Exemple: Tanker is a Scythian Scout. Will be a single unit, respawnable for 30 seconds. Killer will be a H.Scorpion, Cleric a Friar Tuck.
C: I think its about player preference.. horse will tank many arrows, scorpion has a good potential to defend Gates and monk will boost convert builds.

-Sacrificial Ritual (Spell) - Disables enemies from using Kings for 60 seconds. It has a cost of all gold (so, its the same if you cast with 10 gold or 190 gold, you gona lose all amount) and damages your tower by 1800 hp. Sanctuary gives immunity to this spell.
C: Its good when you are playing teams. Once casted, it disables any chance of enemy to counter a Death Spell. So a ally combo DS+SR may be deadly. Of course, spaming this spell is unaffordable, since it stops your leveling and requires time to repair tower. Also its risky if used at first minutes, since players without Bricklayers will be easy preys to a smart DS.

-Ghost Army (Spell) - Spawn a mangudai army (20) for 5 minutes that are unaffected by all others spells and skills, including supportive ones. Army will do not receive blacksmith bonus, and also will ignore pop limit.
C: Those extra units will be handful at the beginning where pop matters, and also to defend against DS, since they dont receive damage from it. Another use is to attack, because they cannot be converted or countered by any spells (except enemy GA). The counterback, is that they are pretty weak compared to regular Elite Mangudai.

-Monastery (special) - At level 5, you are able to build Monasteries with villagers (research castle age). In next uptade, there will be 4 relics in the center of the map. Therefore relics will be a new way to up your gold amount Getting Monk hero will research castle age instantly. You are able to create monks though.
Also, Now Sanctuary will convert Genghis too.
C: Its the major change from older version. It will benefit non-camp builds by giving awards from conquering the middle of the map.With 4 relics the player will advance to Genghis quite quicker than others, therefore the battle for the middle will be more intense. Also, it will give a extra reason to go for converting builds. So, you can spam monks and convert instead get skills. For exemple, 4 simultan converts will give you 100 gold.Monasteries wont be damaged by DS, but they may be destroyed; and then you have to build another using wood from Bricklayers.

Since its a major update, i dont know when to release, but I will try to do it as soon as possible (like somebody cares heh)
o/
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 17 September 2010 - 2:16 am
Already got a scenario by this name =/
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mariov300

Posted 19 September 2010 - 5:38 am
iyiyi

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts