CB Ladder Update/Changes Important

[BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 10 October 2013 - 6:36 pm
updated some things on the list
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 10 October 2013 - 8:41 pm
Not sure what map the king block refers to but that's already programmed into RCB 2013. 2011 partially has it but some parts are missing (i.e. whole super store except monk and beli on top store... bottom store does have it but it's inefficient imo).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Edited 10 October 2013 - 8:56 pm by [BH_]lnIghTzl
if we can find a way to get rid of king blocker that would be nice :D i.e if they are blocking intentionally then their kings die
Link | Reply | Quote
 Maki_

Posted 10 October 2013 - 8:59 pm
In roll the dice, there is an anti cart blocker, so you basically cant block the store with the carts you use to buy upgrades.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 10 October 2013 - 9:46 pm
if we can find a way to get rid of king blocker that would be nice :D i.e if they are blocking intentionally then their kings die

I don't think it can be done totally. It can only be done for areas where things are bought but not where they're created. You can just have a redirect where things are bought that activates and deactivates itself but you can't have a window for exploitation where things are created so you need to remove the kings/whatever. I've tried using a haystack/wall mech where it has the haystack over the area until the king needs to be created but I couldn't get it to work. I mean you could wall off everyone kings and have them go through a gate but that's just waiting to be exploited.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:29 pm
Justin wrote:
cbx is likely more buggier than originally expected,
whats that supposed to mean? there is no bugs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]_krmyth9

Posted 11 October 2013 - 2:51 am
Not bad ideas, but when someone loses a hero then the anti-camp feature loses it's value (in regards to the power-up).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Edited 14 October 2013 - 1:39 pm by Vaultboy
I don't think it can be done totally. It can only be done for areas where things are bought but not where they're created. You can just have a redirect where things are bought that activates and deactivates itself but you can't have a window for exploitation where things are created so you need to remove the kings/whatever. I've tried using a haystack/wall mech where it has the haystack over the area until the king needs to be created but I couldn't get it to work. I mean you could wall off everyone kings and have them go through a gate but that's just waiting to be exploited.

When you tried using the haystack/wall technique, could you elaborate on the method/triggers you tried. I'd like to see what you did and see if there's anyway I can get it going, as this method would appear to be a decent way to solve this issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 14 October 2013 - 2:21 pm
Vaultboy wrote:
When you tried using the haystack/wall technique, could you elaborate on the method/triggers you tried. I'd like to see what you did and see if there's anyway I can get it going, as this method would appear to be a decent way to solve this issue.

I honestly can't remember. It was awhile back.

Even if you got the timing window correct there would still be the ever so slight delay between haystack removal and king creation and if someone were continually clicking waiting to go over the area then they could still block it; that is just conjecture though.

I may have only tried having the remove haystack effect as the first effect within the creation trigger itself instead of a separate activation group of triggers. You'd still need to get the timing just right for it to work though, which may take some fiddling.

IMO as long as you have the creation area away from a person's base/at the edge of the store then having it redirect and/or kill the kings/whatever is justified since someone needs to go out of their way to attempt to cheat.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 14 October 2013 - 2:41 pm
Yea the timing is always going to be tricky, but like you said with a separate string of activation triggers and some playing around with the timer its possible to have this method work.

Your second idea seems to be the more plausible though, having a redirection or kill effect in place, then only the most die hard blockers are going to attempt this and surely it would prove detrimental to the rest of their game, being so solely focused on the shop area.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_MD_]DaGhostInside

Posted 14 October 2013 - 8:58 pm
Justin wrote:
huns pop is definately bugged while playing on 1.4 and i think 1.3 also.
Its the patch that doesnt work well with the trigger.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ wZ]Stradiout

Posted 16 October 2013 - 2:55 pm
CBX in userpatch huns has 200 pop this is bug
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 16 October 2013 - 3:08 pm
Thanks, that issue has already been noted.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 28 out of 28 posts