Lord of the Rings rated, in Alternative or all new LOTR LEAGUE

Poll: Do you want Lord of the Rings rated
yes
no
 _Nixy_

Edited 7 December 2013 - 11:07 am by _Nixy_
its not about eye candy helms deep is utter **** and there are way too many variables to look at say it does get rated and im mordor you know what im going to camp and theres nothing u can do to stop me its fair game THIS IS THE REALITY
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 7 December 2013 - 11:08 am
Well when you get to that next level of scenario design nhoobish, eye candy is a must
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 7 December 2013 - 11:10 am
And you seem to be showing how dumb you are.

Also there are various 2v2 maps which are siege's of cities like Minas Tirith 4p or Helm's Deep Siege. There is ofc 2v2 without siege which is Wilderland (based on 3rd Age battles taken place in area called Rhovanion).

LOL I can't even begin to describe how unbalanced and utter **** these maps are that you claim should be rated
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 7 December 2013 - 11:54 am
As usual the conversation turns into a **** measuring competition. Stop trying to one up each other, and focus on the issue brought up.
Do we as a community(the lotr community) even want lotr rated? If its an unresounding yes, then surely we could tweek or create new maps to meet the specific criteria that rating a new map requires.
Introduce elements of anti-camp, penalties for evil if they choose to camp as a way to win the game, vice versa for goodies, if at any stage of a game evil is clearly unable to sustain its momentum or attain victory, then the goodies should go on the offensive, failure to do so would result in some form of penalty.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Th0m

Posted 7 December 2013 - 12:04 pm
Vaultboy wrote:
As usual the conversation turns into a **** measuring competition. Stop trying to one up each other, and focus on the issue brought up.
Do we as a community(the lotr community) even want lotr rated? If its an unresounding yes, then surely we could tweek or create new maps to meet the specific criteria that rating a new map requires.
Introduce elements of anti-camp, penalties for evil if they choose to camp as a way to win the game, vice versa for goodies, if at any stage of a game evil is clearly unable to sustain its momentum or attain victory, then the goodies should go on the offensive, failure to do so would result in some form of penalty.

This is where I disagree. Rating should be a means to an end. You are asking the wrong question. You shouldn't be asking "Does the LotR community want LotR to be rated - and if yes, how can we accommodate this" - rather you should be asking "What does the LotR community want" and if "more players" is the answer only then should we consider rating LotR is a way of achieving this. Nhoobish got it spot on.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Rectum_Ranger_

Posted 7 December 2013 - 12:06 pm
To be fair, I never said anything bad to Icey in this thread. So you maybe rephrase that to "Only Icey wants to be better than others."
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Edited 7 December 2013 - 12:16 pm by Vaultboy
I made the conscious decision to not name names, it doesn't matter who said what, or who to. We need to put this in-fighting to rest before it tears the community apart.

Locked I agree with some points you made, yes a prudent question is "do we want more players" I think however this question is pointless to ask, ofc we want more players.
If we want to make LotR rated and have the respective moderation staff consider doing this for us, we need to be willing to adjust the maps to fit the criteria.

Sadly however until we create maps with a certain degree of balance, implementing things to prevent the larger civs camping to win the game, to ensure a fast paced flow of gameplay that we as "pro's" thrive on, we need to introduce maps that can be played by anyone or this will never happen.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Maeglin_

Posted 7 December 2013 - 10:02 pm
Wouldn't the (upcoming?) diplo map be a perfect fit for a rated game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]_krmyth9

Posted 8 December 2013 - 1:57 am
Sure, why not? If most of the regulars want it rated then why deny it? We'll need to make sure it's balanced enough, which may generate a few strong modifications.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 8 December 2013 - 2:06 am
lmao this is the worst idea ever
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 8 December 2013 - 2:38 am
lmao this is the worst idea ever

No its the best ever. For the same reasons.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Arctic_Demon

Posted 8 December 2013 - 4:54 am
Wheres Fate nub?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LoTr_Thorn

Edited 8 December 2013 - 9:40 am by _LoTr_Thorn
We'll need to make sure it's balanced enough

Alllllllllll lotr maps are already balanced noooo problemo
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 8 December 2013 - 10:30 am
Maegz the fact the "new" map will be Diplo excludes it from being rated, for the sole reason of rigging unbalanced teams to farm points.

It's likely to balance the current maps for rating it would take some extreme measures (in most cases) I personally think it would be better to design new map(s) specifically to fit into the pre-defined ratings criteria.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Maeglin_

Posted 8 December 2013 - 4:44 pm
well i meant that diplo allows to play FFA or with random set teams

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3456
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 77 posts