Lord of the Rings rated, in Alternative or all new LOTR LEAGUE

Poll: Do you want Lord of the Rings rated
yes
no
 Arctic_Demon

Posted 8 December 2013 - 9:42 pm
i agree with lotr becoming rated but we need better representaion for lotr. Believe it or not icey is a horrible example of a lotr player. Hes always afk he "yells" at his teamates and hes a sore loser. Icey just needs to learn how to accept his FATE!!!! Fate of middle earth is by far the most fast paced, straight foward, balanced lotr map that we have to play. Tale of years is unbalanced and confusing/ a bad example of a lotr map. Silm is ok for more advanced players. Hanni is way too old, outdated and complicated. We should make some kind of generic training map for lotr with input from all members of the lotr community and some mods to deliver the best representation for lotr. Until we make the perfect map we shouldnt trouble ourselves with trying to get lotr rated. Noob icey....
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Fatty]repsaj03

Posted 9 December 2013 - 2:17 pm
The only reason we might want some Lord of the Rings maps rated is for recruitement purposes.

Which means you have to make a fair and simple lotr map. I think METW is the most fairest of all at the moment. But it needs 2 things to change in order to make it a good rated map.

1) Teams (& balance). 4v4 or 2v2v2v2.
2) Some quests which show them how quests work in Lotr.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Turin

Posted 9 December 2013 - 2:32 pm
I'm straight
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Nixy_

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:30 pm
yes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Glacier1263

Posted 10 December 2013 - 3:02 pm
This vote is rigged and the lotr maps are all rigged. Tar]Minyatur has personally told me about the hidden triggers he has placed in the lotr maps to cheat his way to the top of his pretend ratings.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Rectum_Ranger_

Edited 10 December 2013 - 3:10 pm by _Rectum_Ranger_
You are not far from the truth. Vote should be legit, but 2 maps are rigged indeed. ;grin
Silmarillion v15-9 FINAL USE and his own Tale of Years map. ;sneaky
Link | Reply | Quote
 prize

Posted 10 December 2013 - 5:09 pm
This wont be rated. But atleast there could be a counter for LotR Games played.
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/164717
Link | Reply | Quote
 Th0m

Posted 10 December 2013 - 5:12 pm
Agreed with Eliz - game counter would be nice (including wins/losses with each race per map if possible) but that would require a new lobby or a reworked rating system I think)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 12 December 2013 - 3:11 pm
:( Disappointing that we can't come together as a community and atleast give this a decent go.
Link | Reply | Quote
 prize

Edited 12 December 2013 - 6:15 pm by prize
Iam pro lotr becoming rated, iam just not seeing it gonna happen

btw invite me in this FB group bone! :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 Vaultboy

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:58 am
Do the what now Eliz? Invite you to what? ;huh ;2confused ;mellow
Link | Reply | Quote
 prize

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:21 pm
The Facebook group for lotr! But this is getting offtopic, so

MAKE LOTR RATED - NOW!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 14 December 2013 - 9:27 am
Pros:
some ratings to make icey feel good
a few extra players

Cons:
givers must be removed (they can act the same way as a booter, and those aren't allowed in the map pack)
maps must be reworked so every civ is exactly even (a map won't be rated unless it is 100% even for all players)
tactics like sniping with 1 guy, walling, camping all become commonplace
every time you wanted to update the map you would have to wait for it to be added to the map pack

I don't think you guys have really thought this through
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 14 December 2013 - 3:57 pm
Pros:
some ratings to make icey feel good
a few extra players

Cons:
givers must be removed (they can act the same way as a booter, and those aren't allowed in the map pack)
maps must be reworked so every civ is exactly even (a map won't be rated unless it is 100% even for all players)
tactics like sniping with 1 guy, walling, camping all become commonplace
every time you wanted to update the map you would have to wait for it to be added to the map pack

I don't think you guys have really thought this through

Ye I remember when I was overseeing the Roll the Dice league, the guy was updating every second day and it was a pain in the ass to keep it up to date.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Fatty]Vanimelde

Posted 14 December 2013 - 8:32 pm
silm is pretty much done

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]456
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 77 posts