Random spawns like in Europe v8

Pew

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:10 pm
I've made new 1000 pop map but it won't be that fun without random spawns, and I have no idea how to make it. I looked at Europe v8 but I still don't really understand how it works that every game it will be different..
I have AOKTS if it matters and i'm pretty good at triggers so you can explain me just about how it works and it wont look for me like Chinese :P
Thanks! ^^
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GvR]Do0m

Edited 14 February 2014 - 5:34 pm by [GvR]Do0m
There are many ways to create random Triggers go ON/OFF. Some use ships and unload their units on 4 different places and use those 4 areas as Trigger Activator.

You can use another method, not Tested by me yet.

Make a small SQUARE grass path away from the map(longer the path means more randomness).

Place two FAST MOVING VILLAGER(you can find them in Trigger Studio) on it on Opposite corner, and then TASK them to move along the path(LOOP).

Now Path is your Area which you can use to Activate Triggers.

C:Object In Area 1
E:Activate trigger 1

C:Object in Area 2
E:Activate Trigger 2
You can use Timer to make it a good random choice.

Make another similar path to create more random options.

You can also check the Map "Roll the Dice", it has implemented random Spawn points using Ships.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pew

Posted 14 February 2014 - 7:45 pm
[GvR]Do0m wrote:
There are many ways to create random Triggers go ON/OFF. Some use ships and unload their units on 4 different places and use those 4 areas as Trigger Activator.

You can use another method, not Tested by me yet.

Make a small SQUARE grass path away from the map(longer the path means more randomness).

Place two FAST MOVING VILLAGER(you can find them in Trigger Studio) on it on Opposite corner, and then TASK them to move along the path(LOOP).

Now Path is your Area which you can use to Activate Triggers.

C:Object In Area 1
E:Activate trigger 1

C:Object in Area 2
E:Activate Trigger 2
You can use Timer to make it a good random choice.

Make another similar path to create more random options.

You can also check the Map "Roll the Dice", it has implemented random Spawn points using Ships.
When I use unload trigger on that map the game crashes, it doesn't crash on other maps... Do you know what's the problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 14 February 2014 - 11:54 pm by [MM]Gallas
Pew wrote:
When I use unload trigger on that map the game crashes, it doesn't crash on other maps... Do you know what's the problem?

Perhaps you wrongly targeted the unit. Make sure you clicked on it, (or check in aok TS what is the target), because if you not did it, then the trigger move all units on map. And if you move all gaia, like trees, then it's crashing.

Here some help: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pew

Posted 17 February 2014 - 4:07 pm
I'm good now, thanks a lot! :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 knochenginni

Posted 3 May 2014 - 3:01 pm
i made that randomizer for europe, if you want i can do it for your map too
Link | Reply | Quote
 knochenginni

Edited 8 May 2014 - 10:57 am by knochenginni
Roll the dices was what inspired me to do the random map.
But in roll the dices the map just randomly chooses between 8 settings.

Like there are 8 triggers, each of them spawns all colours to the spots.
Now if you played the map 10 times you start to already recognise, when I am red and in Africa, blue is in Spain...

My version has more then 10000 possible sets.
Its full random.

The only way to to this is spawn players randomly one by one to the spots
blocking for the following players the spots that are already taken.

Like if we have player 1-8 and spot a-h it would be like this:

P1 can spawn to each of the 8 spots
P2 can now only go to the remaining 7 spots
P3 can g only to one of 6 ... Etc

To do this you first have to create 64 inactive triggers -
each player spawning on each spot (if you use boars dont place them on the map
They might move and block a spawn place - you need to spawn them too)

Then you need a system that activates those triggers the way I described above.
So it must be a random choice out of 8, where you can block option via trigger.

To find this was not so easy, everything i could think of which is random and has 8 options could not been blocked (like birds, units moving in certain ways etc)

Ungarrison units is random only 1 out of 4, but you can prevent units to unload to a side if the side is blocked by a palisade.

so what i did was each player has 3 kings with samurais inside...

(i just used this units in units thing, because the only thing you can normaly ungarrison via trigger are boats, and for this i would have to create 24 little ponds on the map to place the boats in, and those ponds you cant remove via trigger)

so now king 1 one just decides if king 2 or 3 gets unloaded therefor it has two palis on two sides so it can only spawn on two spots.

around king 2 spots 1-4 are activated, around king 3 spots 5-8 are activated.

where ever the samurai spawns, this spot will be blocked via palisade on all other kings
If either king 2 or 3 is surrounded by 4 palisades king one will be blocked on the specific site for the remaining players.

the only thing you need to do now is to adjust a delay for the spawning triggers so that every player spawns at the same time straight after the whole process is finished.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts