ADVANCED GENIE EDITOR 3 HELP (editing mod for tree td)

[ TD ]daBoogeymane

Posted 18 February 2014 - 4:12 am
Hey guys, I am attempting to edit the mod for Tree Td (Age of Empires: Conquerors custom scenario). However I've ran into a few problems that I can't seem to find an answer to. So far I've managed to sort through most of the attributes and values that I need to change but a few I can't seem to figure out. 1st; how does work rate and resource carriage apply to trade carts and cogs? I am trying to increase the amount of gold trade units carry. I know how those two attributes apply to villagers but I'm not sure how it works for trade units. 2nd; after I've made all the changes that I need to make, when I try to save them, I click the save button and am asked to navigate to where I want them saved to (I made a copy of the original Tree Td mod and renamed it Tree Td 2).... so beside "compressed .dat file" I navigate to where I have the copy of the mod saved which is in its proper directory under voobly data mods. Unfortunately, when I test the mod in game nothing works, it's as though I haven't made any changes at all. I know it's in its correct directory cause voobly detects the mod just fine and when I go back to A.G.E and reload the edited mod, all the changes that I've made are still present, they just don't work in game. Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong or what have I missed?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]daBoogeymane

Edited 18 February 2014 - 7:55 am by [ TD ]daBoogeymane
For those asking these are the changes I've made and why;

Right now eco civs produce a lot more gold than trade civs because trade civs have to spend a lot more resources to reach maximum gold income. We start with 8 villagers + 92 villagers (500 resources x92 = 46,000) + 1500 for gold mining upgrades = 47,000 total resources to reach maximum gold income, not including resources spent on foraging, coal, and wood upgrades or civ bonuses. Trade civs must spend create 92 trade units (250 resources x92 = 23,000) + 56,000 on trade upgrades = 79,000 total resources to reach maximum gold income. So I've reduced the cost of trade upgrades from 1000, 2500, 7500, 15000, 30000 to 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, 30000 so that now trade civs only spend 49000 resources to reach max income.

other changes:

- disabled spanish team bonus (so no one will be forced to play spanish every game)

- slightly increased the amount of gold trade units carry so there is no need for the spanish team bonus

- replaced the persian civ bonus to 100w 50g for trade carts (so more people will be inclined to make trade carts instead of everyone clogging trade cog space)

- increased the creation time of trade carts to match creation time of trade cogs

- [DZ]_KodaK has already edited the xtra resource map to give blue more space near his gold pile at the edge of water and added advanced statistics

- i plan to decrease the size of villagers and trade units for better mining and less collision

future edit ideas:

- perhaps add some towers from tdIIv2, like axe towers, rapid towers, etc

- changes to the accuracy and speed of bombard towers

- maybe a skin icon to replace trees

please comment or post any ideas or necessary changes in replies. thx.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_KodaK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 4:45 am
+1

I support this changes to the mod :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 18 February 2014 - 9:52 am
Work rate can increase the cog's/trade cart's gold.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ TD ]daBoogeymane

Posted 19 February 2014 - 4:17 am
Thanks, any advice on how to save the changes properly? Do I just overwrite the .dat file (empires2_x1_p1)?
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 19 February 2014 - 4:58 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I'm working on a mod for RCB. If I figure it out how to save "properly," I'll let you know. Honestly you should be able to just open AGE, do changes, save them, and see the changes immediately via opening the game outside voobly. To see them through voobly though is a little harder. You may need the mod approved before you can see them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 20 February 2014 - 5:27 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I just followed the instructions here for a mod I just made: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/uploadmod

I was able to play the mod on Voobly even. Voobly is probably just overwriting your .dat file if it isn't in a folder or something. I had no issues.

Edit: You just need to put the dat file (and language files if they were edited) into a folder within the mods folder. Just download a mod to see how to do it. If you're trying to see the changes through Voobly it's probably overwriting the dat file when you launch a game. Just look at changes outside the editor/put the dat file in a folder within the mod directory.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]SugarRush

Posted 23 February 2014 - 1:16 pm
Yup create a new folder in the mod directory for example mine i here:
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods\
Save the .dat file inside the newly created folder then create a .ini file and name it "version" just write something like 1.0 in there then and save it.
Without the version.ini it wont be detected by voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts