Spawning Civ Specific Units

ApocalypseKJ

Posted 2 May 2014 - 12:47 am
I am trying to make a "1v1 Bloods map" and I simply need to know how to create a trigger which spawns a civ's unique unit.

- I need to basically create triggers like CBA so that when you select random you get the unique unit of that civ to spawn.

- I have a decent amount of editing skills and I know how most every trigger works.

- I know how to create units, task them, and most basic tricks.

- Do let me know if this has already been posted as I didn't checked too extensively.

- Even a link would be fine, I just need to figure this out before I can finish my map.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I apologize if this has already been covered.
Have a good day! 8)
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 2 May 2014 - 3:02 am
Need to detect something related to that civ (i.e. have it research the civ's unique technology and have it detect that technology... only byz get byz unique tech) or have it detect when they create a unit from a building (i.e. byz create cataphract).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 2 May 2014 - 6:00 am by [MM]Gallas
Trigger:
- Condition1: Research Techonlogy - [civ's Elite unit]
- Condition2: Timer - [your choose]
- Condition3: Own Fever Objects - [make an unit limit (can be total max unit, or specific unit max]
- Condition4: Anythnig you want more - [example player have tower (no tower=stop creating units)]
- Effect1: Create Object - [Create your civ unit]
- Effect2: Task Object - [Move your civ unit]

Some civilization's Elite civ unit tech are missing from original editor (example persians). For this civs you can make an alternative creator with some tricks (if player not get unit from first 5 sec, but everyone must have from 3, THEN he get elephants) OR you can try use [You must login to view link] which program let you see hidden techs and you can research anything (just don't click on this techs in original editor, or it will change like gaia object creating)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ApocalypseKJ

Posted 3 May 2014 - 2:09 am
Thank you both for your replies, it helped greatly. =) I can finish my map now.

Just one more quick question, how does CBA work? Like how does it only activate the trigger that pertains to the civ, rather than activating them all?

So, say I make a unit spawning trigger for each civ. Like the example you gave. (thanks again :D)
How do I make the game detect what civ you have before the game starts so that it wont activate them all and spawn every unit at the same time?

Either way my problem is solved, but I'd like to make unique units spawn when Imp age is researched
so two of my conditions would be
Research Technology: Imperial Age
and
Research Technology: Elite "Civ specific unit" - which would activate at the start of the game.

Thanks again guys!! You make Voobly great! ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 3 May 2014 - 1:25 pm
how does CBA work?

Nearly like I wrote, but its firstly detect civ, then active the civ's creating.
How do I make the game detect what civ you have before the game starts so that it wont activate them all and spawn every unit at the same time?

Just detect firstly player's civ by technology condition, if it's YES, then active the current unit's creator trigger.
I'd like to make unique units spawn when Imp age is researched

Yes that's right, you need to research all elite technology (if you are teuton you cannot research elite samurai exp).
Link | Reply | Quote
 ApocalypseKJ

Posted 4 May 2014 - 4:25 am
Thanks man, that all I needed to know. =)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts