Map/Mod Idea #1 (Relic Game)

Rambit

Posted 26 August 2014 - 2:57 am
I don't have the time to make this myself but if anyone wants to make it that would be great as I think it would be a fun map.

Aim of the game is to either be the last person standing or first to 100 relics. So you would spend most of the game finding relics and battling for territory so you can have more area to find relics. Pretty similar concept to my previous map/mod relic wars but the game play would be quite different.

Modding:
Not much modding required...
1) Make the mosque into the place where relics are deposited to and make it hold 100 max.
2) Give the hawk unit a dead unit ID of a relic
3) Possibly change unit prices depending on your preference for #4 on the map list.

Map:
1) UDP-like terrain but with more walkable land (relics can't land on trees).
2) Each player would start with a mosque and a respawning monk OR monks could be created for free at the mosque (2-5 min training time to regulate it).
3) Create hawks from the middle of the map every so often and kill them after a period of time after. This will create relics at random locations around the map. Players should also start with about 3 or 4 relics. Less would result in too big of a difference between players early in game (ie someone with 2 would have 2x the amount of gold as someone with 1).
4) Either
a) behind their base would be an area with a king to select units to buy. It isn't important what units are available but they should be priced with gold per unit. For example, you could use 1000 gold to buy 100 militia(10 gold each) or you could buy 1 khan, and the rest of the units priced in between. I don't think you would need to lock any units but maybe you can if you wanted, perhaps have better value or hero units only available when you accumulate large portions of gold or relics.
OR
b) Change the prices of all of the units and buildings to be gold only and increased x10.

Option A would mean you could make very different maps with the same mod, but they would be a lot more work. Option B would mean you could easily make different maps for the mod but they would be more similar. I would say option A would be more popular with players as CBA has shown people are too lazy to create units the old fashioned way!

Anyone is welcome to make this map and do what they wish with it. The concept itself is just one part, there is a lot of freedom for you to do what you want with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 9 September 2014 - 3:56 am
moved
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 9 September 2014 - 9:46 am
This could be a nice fun map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 9 September 2014 - 10:05 am
You should make it! ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 9 September 2014 - 10:55 am by [MM]Gallas
I just finished today the Age of Galactica update and now I'm working on a test mod. Also I have other ideas which could be great map, not sure which should be the first :S I don't have enough time for all. The best imo if sbody make it for the Custom Scenario and Game Mod Designing Contest.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts