Map/Mod Idea #3 (CBA Roulette)

Rambit

Edited 9 September 2014 - 7:55 am by Rambit
idea:
Add another random aspect to the CBA game. Not only would your civ be random but also a random tech would be assigned to you. This would mean there is a whole range of possibilities. ie +2 range could give a melee civ a bit of range or a ranged civ would be even more range.

Could be fun to double all the suggested techs as a alternative, could be a bit over the top though.

Mod:
There will need to be 8 new technologies made. All of which will apply to unique units.
  1. +50 HP
  2. +50% HP
  3. +5 attack
  4. +50% attack speed
  5. +2 range
  6. +50% speed
  7. +0/5 armour
  8. +5/0 armour
I just pulled the figures out of the air, would need balancing i'm sure. May want to swap armour for something else, may be a bit lame. Both for the person with it and enemies.

Also, all UU's will need to be given a projectile as if they get the + range they will need them.

Map:
Standard CBA map as a base. Will need to add a random generator to assign a new tech to each player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Edited 9 September 2014 - 7:37 am by +[MM]jason
I'm working on something similar to this where all players start post imperial with elite and unique techs researched then they will be assigned a random unit which depending on your civ will spawn as the upgraded unit.
So imagine chu ok nu's with Briton range increase.
Teutonic knights with celts speed or Vikings hp bonus.
Ect.

Every 50 kills? you can change anyone's unit including your own.
So if you or an ally have a weak unit for your civ you have the chance to get a better unit.
Or change an enemy's unit if he has a strong one.

I will set it up so trashy units will always be the imperial age unit minimum (halbedier, elite skirm, hussar, two handed swordsman, probably elite for berserk and woad raider) to help with balance.

What are your thoughts on this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 9 September 2014 - 7:54 am
Have you tried [You must login to view link]? Very similar to what you are describing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 9 September 2014 - 8:11 am
No I haven't I'm not at my computer right now to take a look at it.
Am I right in assuming it gives players a random elite unit and not knights, swordsman ect?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 9 September 2014 - 8:44 am
Yip. I did a brief description here: [You must login to view link]

I don't recall what age it was in, I think it was dark age so the host could decide if they wanted to do post-imp or anything inbetween. Someone else edited it to improve the power up system but I don't have a copy of it unfortunately. But yeah take a look, it is very similar to what you described.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 9 September 2014 - 11:24 am
I just had a look and its similar yes, but there will be a few key diffences.
Only the correct civilisation will get elite unit, expect the ones I listed before.
Everything from Skirmisher to Scorpion will be avaible, even some hero units and some hidden units.
All Blacksmith, University, ect. and unique techs, aswell as civ and team bonuses will be avalible exposing each civilastions strengths and weaknesses.
Only the highest upgradable unit will be avalible for each civ (except the ones above).
Im think of making it cost gold to change a players unit, which you will receive over time, with a mid bonus of getting gold faster.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Edited 9 September 2014 - 1:12 pm by Barsta
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/199921

I'm not sure about your idea for competitive games, as brits getting +2 extra range is madness! There would be no building out for any other civ lol. On the other hand it would make the map that much more interesting and fun for casual players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 9 September 2014 - 1:38 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
Death Crossroads Blood. ;whistling
AzZzRu beat you to it, jizzy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 9 September 2014 - 1:35 pm
We'll they get +3 with their unique tech but they lack in cavalry and get no infantry bonus so it evens out. The have to actually get an archer unit to take advantage of the bonus. And that's not to say someone else doesn't have an anti archer unit. But if it prove to op i will remove the extra range bonus.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 9 September 2014 - 1:39 pm
Again it is similar but there are the same key differences. This will be a much more simple map. But there are 100s of different outcomes depending on which civ gets which unit.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 9 September 2014 - 10:12 pm
Quote:
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/199921

I'm not sure about your idea for competitive games, as brits getting +2 extra range is madness! There would be no building out for any other civ lol. On the other hand it would make the map that much more interesting and fun for casual players.
Ah, you beat me to it! I think a combination of our ideas would be best. If there were 50 possible bonuses and you get 1 picked at random per game then it would make a very replayable game. However balance would be a nightmare as you pointed out with the range bonus.

Hope someone makes it, would be interesting to see how well it goes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ghost_0

Posted 10 September 2014 - 3:39 am
;good ;good ;good ;good ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:54 pm
Sounds kinda fun but won't be popular for competitive play imo.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts