RCB Auto

Is_this_my_name

Posted 24 September 2014 - 6:18 pm
If I was to take the RCB f11 map and change the gameplay to be similar to the old Auto version of RCB, could it be added to the map pack, and be under the RCB rating ladder?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 24 September 2014 - 7:00 pm
If your idea was to take the current F11 Scenario and just add Automated Spawns for the Civilization Unique Units then I don't think this is required to have, because the latest UserPatch update allows you to switch to the MQ (Multi-Queue) option, which is already very popular amongst players. So, the Automated Spawn would be rather annoying, because I assume you could only set the spawn location to a specific area. This means that you actually lose time than gain most of the time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ghost_0

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:25 pm
I don't think it will be rated
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 25 September 2014 - 6:02 pm
I dont mean only make it auto spawn. I guess you'd have to have played the old RCB Auto to know;
the biggest difference would be AP and HP buyable for all units, also
-the prices for spawning heroes would all be cheaper
-the units possibly spawn faster
-slower but cheaper global buys
-middle HP only powerup buy
-probably take out all the middle towers except 2
-probably less castles buyable

I figure since RCB has its own ladder, and the mods seem to have more common sense now and possibly understand basic logic (unlike the time of donnie-the-****), why not add some more RCB maps. Theres probably at least 5 other styles of old RCB maps which could potentially be in the map pack if glitches/bugs were fixed up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 25 September 2014 - 6:30 pm
If you are willing you put your time into it knowing it might not become rated then go ahead. I myself liked the RCB Classic and the 2010 v3 most. Although, I doubt that they will get rated, because of the constant crash issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 26 September 2014 - 1:42 am
If you are willing you put your time into it knowing it might not become rated then go ahead. I myself liked the RCB Classic and the 2010 v3 most. Although, I doubt that they will get rated, because of the constant crash issues.

2010 v3 was fun but very predictable.

If people want Henry V in 2013 create a poll with details on how to add him and if it gets support I'll do it eventually. Honestly Henry sucks in the 2011/2013 atmosphere though. I'd have to mod him somehow but then it'd be like 200 mordred probably which would suck and be super op'ed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]I3en

Edited 26 September 2014 - 2:11 am by [Eot_]I3en
RCB Auto final is probably the best map every made.
Make it happen !
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:11 pm
Could possibly rate one of the older versions of RCB that are also known as RCB Classic?
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 1 February 2015 - 10:35 pm
An idea for a new successful version of RCB would be to make it a team based map. All I've ever done is edit it to promote ffa since that's what I and the majority of people played. I honestly don't see players playing more than one version nowadays though. And honestly, I honestly have no freaking clue how to make it more team oriented. I very rarely played the map with a teammate.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 2 February 2015 - 2:24 pm
The current RCB is played as TG in the Random League with no problems. People consider the current version really fun with teams. There is no reason to edit it really, since it seems to work rather well for 4v4 games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Posted 2 February 2015 - 3:23 pm
The current RCB is played as TG in the Random League with no problems. People consider the current version really fun with teams. There is no reason to edit it really, since it seems to work rather well for 4v4 games.

+1

It works very well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 3 February 2015 - 2:33 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Well alright then. =)

Nhoobish, you should ask mods if they can transfer editing of fair mod over to you/give you permission. I give permission. I'm tired of people complaining about things. I don't even have this installed anymore. Soon it'll be a full year since I played consistently.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 3 February 2015 - 1:33 pm
To be honest, I don't play RCB almost at all. If I even play at all then probably LotR or Random Ladder. You can probably send a message to Obsvred about it, he is in charge of mods. Vital changes can by done by him.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 3 February 2015 - 2:13 pm
With the mod there are no vital changes, just minor balance nuances. Someone that plays the map still, every week, and can weed out the nuances should take over editing optimally. If that can't happen I'm not sure what the mods want to do if anything. Anyways, I gave my two cents on RCB. Time to go dormant.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts