CBA FFA

_Hacks

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:45 pm
Actually, i don't know how i'm destroying then map, when you are the only one complaining about a forbidden rule and other players are fine with the map changes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Edited 11 January 2015 - 9:10 am by 3AKOH
Fixed typos in my last message. Was sleepy, pardon =)
Quote:
Actually, i don't know how i'm destroying then map, when you are the only one complaining about a forbidden rule and other players are fine with the map changes.

I will try to express my thesis in other words:
You are making your own map, it isnt just bugfixing. Two maps with different gameplay, by definition, get two different names.
Quote:
I will tell you what will happen when you will host a CBA FFA 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1:
some angry players will leave your already launched game demanding for CBA (or CBA FFA if you are hosting CBA) map.

Speaking about "other players are fine with the map changes". Im not the only one complaining + look at these results:
You must login into Voobly to view image

http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/210186
A we can see -- some are fine, others dont.

Listen to forum suggestions and you will end with cba hero copy ;grin And its ok as long as you dont call it cba ffa
Link | Reply | Quote
 ollantaytambo

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:05 am
NOBODY DONT PLAY SUX CBA FFA WITH TREBS
this is not CBF rofl
this is CBA Anticamp, not CBA FFA ;stick
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Cornelia_

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:15 am
NOBODY DONT PLAY SUX CBA FFA WITH TREBS
this is not CBF rofl
this is CBA Anticamp, not CBA FFA ;stick

When you start exploiting hidden wall even in castle age and have 20 towers in your base with all castles and towers full of archers, you surely wouldn't like trebs.......
Link | Reply | Quote
 _PointTrader_

Edited 11 January 2015 - 5:14 pm by _PointTrader_
3AKOH wrote:
Speaking about "other players are fine with the map changes". Im not the only one complaining + look at these results:

A we can see -- some are fine, others dont.

Listen to forum suggestions and you will end with cba hero copy ;grin And its ok as long as you dont call it cba ffa

That thread and that poll weren't exclusive to FFA, so a lot of regular CBA players voted and commented. Most FFA players in this thread seem to agree with the suggestions, as well as the players I've talked to.

Most serious players were happy when I used the No Wall Mod. Only the ultra campers complained. Unfortunately that mod does little to solve the problem.

And the CBA 1v1 map is called that, so I don't know why the FFA map should be called something different.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 11 January 2015 - 1:37 pm
By the next weekend, i will finish the map. Players who like it can play it for FFA games. Others can play the normal cba version on their own risk. Camp wont be allowed anymore whatever the map was.

Link | Reply | Quote
 _PointTrader_

Posted 11 January 2015 - 5:14 pm
One more thing: remove trading carts from the market. Seriously.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PutinVladimir

Posted 12 January 2015 - 7:52 am
_Hacks wrote:
By the next weekend, i will finish the map. Players who like it can play it for FFA games. Others can play the normal cba version on their own risk. Camp wont be allowed anymore whatever the map was.
Camping is an inevitable part of CBA FFA mode, thus it was and will be allowed by the rules.

People should not compare it to CBA 1v1 mode, where camp was used to "to avoid inevitable loss (e.g. Aztecs camp inside their castles vs ranged civ while playing CBA / CBA Hero, etc.)". E. g. maya will never kill a camping aztec, mayas skills will not decide anything. Aztec also has no chances to win in this sutuation.

In contrast, any CBA FFA defence can be destroyed. "Extreme camping" is extremely rare, because you either kill your camping enemy or (if you failed) he kills you. To be fair, I dont think if there are any cases of succesful cba ffa "extreme camping" reports.

Can you feel the difference?
1st case (CBA 1v1): players cant do anything, their skill does not matter.
2nd case (CBA FFA): someone will have to die (as the resources are limited), attack/camping skills matter.
You seriously can not see the difference between the allowed and forbidden type of camp???
3AKOH wrote:
Camping is a part of cba ffa, where we dont play 1v1 or 4v4. Sometimes you have to play 1v2 or even 1v3. If they pushed you to your base and your camping skills are low - you die. With your map this situation will mean an inevitable death.
You dont know what does the term FFA CAMPING mean. It isnt the type of camping which you can see in 1v1 games where it just prevents people from playing (and which is forbidden). There are NO undefeatable camps in CBA FFA since unlimited towers bug was fixed.
You can build anything you want, but good players (such as PutinVladimir) will kill you using minimal amount of gold. I can show you the camp which you wont penetrate (99% possibility that you wont be able to kill me even with imped pers), but the issue will be your skill level, not my camp.
Most of the cba ffa players are newcomers with bad attack skills, so you are lowering the level of skill required for cba ffa down to their level. Yes, they will will more games in your cba ffa map, but doesnt mean that they will became pro. They will simply get no motivation to improve.
I totally agree with this quote.
I can prove that your skill is the only thing that matters. We can play a demonstration game where my enemy will prepare any camp he wants. Im sure it will be easy to kill him. Of course mods will watch our game.
Quote:
you call 10 hours camp a part of a game play?
Guys! Lets play, show me your strong 10h camp. Imp vs imp, I give you time to build your camp. Prove your point of view.

And, of course this new map should not be called "CBA FFA". You act like a parasite by using an old and famous mode for your map which looks same as real CBA FFA, but has fundamental changes in its gameplay. Do not add even more chaos to CS lobby.
Link | Reply | Quote
 monk_freak

Posted 12 January 2015 - 1:04 pm
Just reduce the base tower limit to a number that walls cannot be hidden completely. Don't change anything else, you will ruin the map.

I am talking to you, starter of this topic, the map editor guy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 12 January 2015 - 2:18 pm
Ok ill write all players/mods suggestions and make a poll about the agreement of new changes or disagreement. I cant just take 2 players point of view and leave others. If some1 has new suggestions. Write it here. About the camp, you have to play sometimes inside thats not bad but playing inside purposely to get kills and win or to gather much resources. No thats not gonna happen. You misunderstood the meaning of the whole CBA map itself. You cant use castles as an advantage. If you have a bad civ and cant fight it dosent mean you can camp it means you lost better luck next time or try playing mirror. Playing 1vs3 in FFA is against rules FFA= 1x1x1x1... Not teaming with friends to beat the best player. Middle tribute will be fair for all if you really good you can control mid. If not then your noob camper and an obvious cheap player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Cornelia_

Edited 12 January 2015 - 2:32 pm by _Cornelia_
Well the issue nowadays is that guys don't only camp when they get bad civs, they camp even when they get best of civs like byz, mongols, saracens and china even against civs like viks, japs and korea. Voobly officials are not any mugs that they are bringing these changes for nothing. Obviously, they must have noticed the increase in the length the ffa games nowadays and have felt the need of making some changes for the betterment of the map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hellokitty21

Posted 12 January 2015 - 2:51 pm
Quote:
I can prove that your skill is the only thing that matters. We can play a demonstration game where my enemy will prepare any camp he wants.
It would be interesting to watch. This match gonna be the only good thing coming out of this thread rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Posted 12 January 2015 - 4:05 pm
Quote:
Ok ill write all players/mods suggestions and make a poll about the agreement of new changes or disagreement. I cant just take 2 players point of view and leave others.
Quote:
Hi,
This poll is for CBA FFA players in particular and for all players in general. In a CBA v16 map of AoC Custom Scenerio, the resources are finite unlike the original and earlier maps. They are replenished when the player gets 1000 kills but thats all. This might not be a problem in team games or 1v1 games, but it certainly is one of the biggest issue in ffa games. Mostly after finishing 2-3 of your enemies, your resources are exhausted. Therefore a player, no matter how good he is, cannot win ffa games on the basis of his skill only. And this issue also tempts the players to camp, make lots of walls and towers around their bases and wait for others to attack them rather than trying to kill other enemies. This is annoying as well as not in the spirits of the game. Furthermore because of this issue, many players are teaming up in ffa giving some headache to the moderators as well. I have personally observed many ffa players blocked in recent past. I raised the issue with one of the voobly official and he suggested this solution.
What else do we need? A new poll with an army of bots voting for the "right" option??? rofl Should players vote until you get the needed results?

Quote:
You misunderstood the meaning of the whole CBA map itself. You cant use castles as an advantage. If you have a bad civ and cant fight it dosent mean you can camp it means you lost better luck next time or try playing mirror. Playing 1vs3 in FFA is against rules FFA= 1x1x1x1... Not teaming with friends to beat the best player.
When will you stop establishing rules, my dear friend? FFA is an acronym for a "free for all - a disorganized or unrestricted situation or event in which everyone may take part, especially a fight, discussion, or trading market". And, yes, temporary alliances are not against rules:
Players consistently TEAMING in FFA games to gain one of the players points is Completely different to random guys teaming up for the odd game and one player winning.
There is a clear line betweeen the both, players who do this as a form of point trading WILL be punished as such. Random players, randomly teaming in FFA are not governed by this new rule.
Simples.
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/86879/:420753#post420753

Quote:
Middle tribute will be fair for all if you really good you can control mid. If not then your noob camper and an obvious cheap player.
Limited resources are limiting game duration. You gonna add this middle trubute > games will become even longer > everyone is crying > you add trebs > all camp possibilities are eliminated > mission is done, the original CBA FFA is dead.
_Cornelia_ wrote:
Well the issue nowadays is that guys don't only camp when they get bad civs, they camp even when they get best of civs like byz, mongols, saracens and china even against civs like viks, japs and korea.
Would you camp with, for example, sara vs PutinVladimir? Is this civ strong enough?
_Cornelia_ wrote:
Obviously, they must have noticed the increase in the length the ffa games nowadays and have felt the need of making some changes for the betterment of the map.
It isnt true. I know CBA FFA for at least 5 years, and it isnt changing. Well, maybe the players became weaker
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 12 January 2015 - 5:34 pm by _Hacks
I need a moderator or a head moderator to answer this question: Obvious camping in FFA games in CBA is allowed? If yes so i can close the thread. If not so i can add changes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 3AKOH

Posted 12 January 2015 - 6:01 pm
I hope they will read this thread before answering. Maybe some of them never saw a camp in ffa, so dont forget about the possible demonstration game.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 60 posts