Checksum doesn't match

regardles

Posted 1 June 2015 - 6:41 pm
Hello,

I just finished installing voobly and i want to play AOC. I did the install on my laptop, windows 7 64 bit system. Voobly client scan was constantly nagging about not being able to find "language_x1.dll". After several re-installs, I just went looking online for a "language_x1.dll", did a download and put it in the game folder, where it is expected.

But now it seems like the checksum doesn't match... this is what i get from the voobly scan log:

VOOBLY DIAGNOSTIC

Non-DirectPlay spel pad is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc'
Verifiëren 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll' bestaat...
Succes!
Verifiëren 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' bestaat...
Succes!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Spel Versie is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifiëren 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1_p1.dll' bestaat...
Succes!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scannen naar geïnstalleerde DirectPlay spelen...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Spel gevonden in het DirectPlay register
DirectPlay denkt dat het spel geïnstalleerd is in 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay denkt dat het .exe bestand van het spel geïnstalleerd is in 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Bestand verifiëren... Succes!
DirectPlay denkt dat het bestand language.dll geïnstalleerd is in 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\aoc\language_x1.dll'
Bestand verifiëren... Succes!
Scannen 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Failure!

Checksum of 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe' is ffffffff which doesn't match the expected value. The file has been tampered with or removed. This is mostly because of a virus, it's recommended that you upload the file to [You must login to view link] to scan for viruses. You can also try reinstalling Voobly to see if the problem goes away.

END OF DIAGNOSTIC

What can i do to either fix this or to make sure on re-installing the game that the correct language dll is installed? thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 regardles

Posted 1 June 2015 - 7:37 pm
fixed it by putting the installation not in programfilesx86 but in the regular program files directory. However, I cannot seem to start the game, as the language files cannot be found... however, diagnostics says everything is ok...
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 2 June 2015 - 3:16 am
hi
the game and voobly need to be in the [86] directory and xp compatibility used
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/163759
i see nothing on that diagnostic about were aoc is.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts