Jurassic v3?

SouMexican

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:57 pm
Hi there.

I am wondering if the creator of this mod or someone with the experience can add some minor changes to the game to improve the challenge like adding the dragon from the mod terror of dragon, because the dragon in j2 mod is the monkey with another .slp and .ini, but the dragon of terror has no restriction while walking into any terrain which gives the impresion of a flying unit, i was trying to do it by myself with the genie editor but looks like im going to spend a lot of days and maybe weeks to fully understand how it works and then more days to learn how to upload it here xd.

Also it would be cool to upgrade the sounds of the raptors while selecting a pack because its the same sound than selecting a pack of turkeys, i know i can do it by changing the file but the change would be only for me and not for others, the same goes to improve the sound of the t-rex for some sound like the t-rex from jurassic park movies to make it scary.

I can help with the sounds, but i would like to see the flying dragon in jurassic mod, because once the towers have +150 attck or more they take down large pack of dinosaurs and adding more hp in the editor is not the way to break in.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 18 July 2015 - 1:10 am by [MM]Gallas
Jurassic park and Terror of the dragon two different mod from two different creator and mixing them not sounds too great, because two different hunter/prey gamestlye.
Not just gamestyle, in jurassic you need triggers and custom map to run properly, while terror based on random maps.
SouMexican wrote:
Also it would be cool to upgrade the sounds of the raptors while selecting a pack because its the same sound than selecting a pack of turkeys, i know i can do it by changing the file but the change would be only for me and not for others, the same goes to improve the sound of the t-rex for some sound like the t-rex from jurassic park movies to make it scary.
This is good point and Jurassic obviously need an update (mod update not new map), but only the uploader and head staff members can do it.

I think you should contact with the author and tell him your ideas (in categories, maybe with already made and tested details), so he can do the necessary changes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 18 July 2015 - 1:28 am
doubt donnie still cares enough to update JP 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 SouMexican

Posted 18 July 2015 - 7:07 am
Hey Gallas thnx for the asnwer, i really like some of your mods specially the wololo monk sound ;good , i know both projects are from different modders, but my point is to improve the dragon, not necessary using the same one from Terror of dragon, it could be the same of j2 by modifying the atributes of the unit, maybe adding blast ratius, or removing sea restriction in order to make it harder for the preys.

I tried to send a PM to the author but i couldn't fin him xd, also its been almost 3 years since the release of jurassic mod and maybe the author doesn't play aoc anymore, anyway i hope he keeps playing aoc and can read this post.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts